How to behave with police officers? Part 1
In life happens everyone, and even to the most law-abiding citizen authorities can sometimes have questions.
If the police officer addressed you, it has to be presented, having called the position, a rank and a surname, to show the official ID (according to your requirement), to report the reason and the purpose of the address. If the police officer demands to show the passport, to leave a certain place or to go with it to office of police, then he is obliged to explain the reason and the bases of restriction of your rights and freedoms.
The passport at you has the right to check in the following cases:
- at suspicion you in commission of crime;
- if are available data that you are wanted;
- if is available an occasion to initiation concerning you of case of an administrative offense;
- in the presence of the bases for detention.
The police officer has the right to demand from you to leave a certain place if:
- this place is the place of commission of crime, an administrative offense, and on this place it is necessary to make investigative actions or quickly - search actions;
- needs it for protection of life, health and property of citizens;
- arose the congestion of citizens creating threat of life and to health.
When and how the police officer can demand to detain you?
- If you are suspected of commission of crime; - if concerning you the measure of restraint in the form of detention is chosen
- if you evade from an execution of the punishment;
- if you are wanted;
- if concerning you conducts administrative production;
- if you violated rules of a curfew;
- if you illegally got or tried to get on the protected objects;
- if you made a suicide attempt;
- if you have symptoms of the expressed mental disorder, and the actions you create danger to yourself and people around;
- if concerning you the requirement about delivery to the foreign state arrived.
The police officer is obliged to explain you the bases and motives of detention, and also your rights and duties, including he has to explain your rights for a legal aid, a translation service, the notification of close relatives or close persons, on refusal of giving explanations.
Surely the protocol on detention is formed. The police officer notifies in the shortest possible time at your request for the place of your finding of relatives, administration in the place of work or study, and also the defender (lawyer). If you are a minor, the police officer has to notify immediately your parents or other lawful representatives (trustees or trustees).
The protocol of detention is formed, since the bringing moment during administrative detention; and in case of detention on suspicion of commission of crime - within 3 hours from the moment of bringing in body of inquiry or to the investigator.
It has to contain the bases and motives of detention, the instruction into place, time and date of drawing up. You have the right to state all circumstances which you consider necessary in the protocol including if were rude to you, used physical force, threatened, took away your things.
At will you can specify that you during detention looked tidy, on your clothes there were no damages or pollution and also that at the time of detention you had no injuries. It is useful if your clothes are damaged owing to detention or stay from office of police, and on your body there will be damages to an application case to you physical force.
You have the right to study attentively the protocol of detention and to be convinced that all lines in it are filled and there is no blank space left (empty lines have to be crossed out to exclude the fact of introduction of any information without your permission), date and time of drawing up the protocol correspond to actual.
If you do not agree with the recorded information, you can make a mark “does not agree with the protocol“ or “by drawing up the protocol violations“, etc. are allowed. At the same time you can refuse to sign the protocol of detention. In this case in it the corresponding record has to be made. The copy of the protocol has to be handed to you.
Regardless of that, you agree with actions of police officers or not, behave quietly, you are not rude and do not offend police officers. Do not show physical resistance and do not threaten police officers. Do not try to disappear from them.
Write down or otherwise record the police officer`s full name, number of its certificate, a position and other office information. Do not sign documents with which contents do not agree, and do not confirm information on actions which you did not make.
If you remained in any premises of law-enforcement bodies one, do not touch objects or parcels which are not your own things.