Why clients leave to competitors? 20 + 1 possible reasons of leaving to competitors of
Each specialist in sales faced leaving of the client to competitors and “saw this bad dream“. Perfectly, if we, once, having seen a bad dream, drew conclusions and found the reasons of leaving of the client to competitors.
Is good when we understand the reasons from the second and third time and we begin to change in ourselves and the company system of sales.
Is bad when our clients leave to competitors, and we do not understand what occurs and we accuse all around, - clients, competitors, goods, the management.
It is important to understand and accept the rule of the successful seller - sale begins with the identity of the seller!!!
ideal goods, the ideal companies and ideal sellers do not happen. There are those who are ready to study on the mistakes, mistakes of colleagues, successful transactions of competitors and experts from other field of economy. Whether you are ready to begin to study and develop the skills of sales and forming of the relations with clients?
WHY CLIENTS LEAVE TO COMPETITORS?
Let`s begin with the analysis of the reasons of transactions which did not come to the end with a cheer: “Yes!“, “Class!“, “I made it!“.
20 + 1 possible reasons why clients left and did not make purchase, did not conclude the bargain at you. From the provided list only some points will belong to your situation, select them and think how you can change it in the work.
1. You are not loaded with “energy“ and did not open in yourself a state “The successful seller“. For establishment of contact with the client important is in a quiet resource state from which you can easily pass into an active state or into a condition of the “included“ hearing of the client. At sale it is important to be “here and now“ and to communicate with the client, but not mentally “to drive“ the conflict or a situation with the previous client. It is necessary to organize correctly and resource the life and the working day to achieve the maximum result.
2. Could not distinguish true expectations and needs of the client. In communication with the client were guided only by the voiced and obvious needs of the client, without specifying true motives and the hidden needs of the client. Sometimes, the client does not realize that he moves him in purchase of goods. At such situation an important task of the buyer - by means of questions and the specifying phrases to reveal expectation and to make requirement realized for the client. And then in conversation it is necessary to place emphasis on the revealed requirements. It is necessary to remember that there are personal needs of the client (respect, recognition, care - the list of personal needs consists of 17 groups) and commercial requirement (exact parameters of goods or service which are important for the client upon purchase).
2. 1. You are not attentive to trifles and words of the client. Trifles solve everything! At sale and communication of trifles does not happen!
3. Overloaded with excess information of the client. For a second of sight of people can perceive 21,45 Gb (184 254 096 998,4 bits) a second, and consciously in a brain of the person 2000 bits of information are acquired. If to tell precisely the difference in assimilation of information makes about 92 - x millions of times a second (if precisely 92 127 048 times). As you understood, the brain of our potential client “hanged“ and function or “reset“, or “a complete elimination of the file“ joined.
3. 1. You provide excess information on goods, services of the competitors whom the client did not even guess. Excess information slows down process of making decision on purchase and completion of the transaction and can generate doubts at the client.
4. The client is not ready for purchase from you. The client conducts market research of goods, the company, perhaps, and the seller. The client collected amount of information necessary to it, and it is at the last completion stage of the transaction and it lacks determination to make a final decision or there is a fear to make a mistake. If the client looks for “reefs“ of your goods or service, so you can, using technology of work with objections, to reveal its hidden state! Or you give to the client of determination and confidence completions of the transaction necessary for it, or eliminate his fear to make a mistake upon purchase.
5. The client is not ready for purchase from you. The client at the expense of you and your company seeks to show own superiority. It is important to client to feel “own steepness“ and a task of the seller to satisfy the hidden need of the client for recognition and the importance. When the client receives the required recognition volume, it will be able to open “ears“ for you.
6. The client considers that you cannot be trusted or you did not cause trust in the client. When the client in every possible way shows and speaks “about deception, fraud and trust“. The task of the seller to find an example of what causes trust in the client perhaps, it lies beyond your transaction. It is important to return the client to a zone of reminiscence of trust when the client trusted, and the last transaction (purchase) came to the end successfully or maybe surpassed expectation of the client. And only after that it is possible to continue communication on today`s transaction.
7. You show properties of goods (service, the transaction), but you do not show benefit of the client. It is important to client to make favorable purchase and to satisfy the requirements, but not to listen about competitive advantages and additional properties of your goods. At sale it is important to connect properties of goods with benefit for the client. The client already is in a condition of a stress at the time of purchase and cannot sometimes connect elementary things among themselves.
7. 1. You do not show additional benefit of purchase and goods for the buyer.
8. It seems to the client that you not rather well with him worked. The client has a feeling that you did not come into emotional contact with it and he leaves not satisfied because did not receive that he wanted! You watch item 1 and item 2.
8. 1. Throughout item 5 and item 8. The client feels underestimated. In communication with the client it is important to emphasize the status, prestige, ambitions, style, taste.
9. The client does not like your manner to talk. As you understand that upon purchase it is necessary for the person that the seller understood him better, than he understands himself. Still “grandfather“ Eriksson told - if you want that you were heard and listened, it is important to reproduce speed the speech and verbal turns such, as at the person with whom you communicate. Then action of this reason will concern you.
10. You did not “pressurize“ the client. From - for fear “to press“ the client, managers refuse almost “ready“ clients and choose strategy “better not to pressurize, than to press“. It is possible to present that sale is a ritual dance where the seller shows benefits for the client, entices the client in a fascinating word-play, emotions, shows the advantages against competitors and at the latest moment when the client carries out last “pases“ of resistance, the seller refuses to continue dance. And how you will feel after the interrupted dance regardless who you are are a buyer or the seller? Perplexed. It is possible to tell more roughly, - without “orgasm“! After it it will be difficult to client to return to you again.
11. You do not motivate the client to work. That the client finished the transaction or made purchase it is necessary to bring the client to action, only 20% of buyers concern to “activists“, and it is necessary to motivate 80% directly and to indirectly make action - to finish the transaction, to make purchase.
12. The client guesses or knows about existence of alternative. When the client asks many comparative questions, here it should be noted the fact of alternative and to translate attention of the client to benefits of these goods personally for it. You watch the item 7
13. The client lacks information for decision-making. The client all the time asks questions, you answer, but effect the same. Again questions, questions, questions. What to do? 1. Ask the specifying question (and whether correctly you understand the client and his hidden requirement?) 2. When the client tells that you correctly understood him, only then give the answer to a question. 3. Monitor reaction of the client to your answer. If the client asks the same question again, then it is the best of all to answer on an example (a case, history, a situation from the past). If you answered a true question, the client switches to something else. You remember, both the answer (words), and emotions which you put in words is important.
13. 1. You are not able to ask questions or you ask not those questions. Therefore, you receive not those answers, and the client leaves to competitors. It is necessary to pass urgently training on bases of communication, presentation and sales. Without ability to ask questions, you will not be able to become the successful seller.
14. At sale you place emphasis only on logic or only on emotions. For commission of successful sale it is important to keep balance between logical arguments and emotions and to consider the following parameters: time of day, age of the buyer, sex of the buyer, decision-making moment, status of the buyer, profession of the buyer. These the minimum volume of conditions which specify, on what proofs to build sale. You will be able to find the answer in the article “Balance between Logic and Emotions“.
15. You do not give the chance of the choice to the client. As the professional you can know better that it is necessary for your client. But if you do not create feeling of the choice, the client can feel that “impose“ to it and to evade from purchase. The possibility of the choice is important for the client even if also illusory, but the choice! It is necessary to create CHOICE OPTION without the CHOICE! It is not necessary to offer 25 versions, at most 3 versions of the decision! It is not necessary to offer cardinally different options of purchase, all options have to do in one plane! If you offer too much or too different options the client will not be able to take responsibility and will leave to competitors.
16. Too early you report the price. There is a price, and there is a value of goods (service). That the client was ready to pay you “blood“ important at first to create the value of goods (service), and then to call the cost (price). If you too early call the price, the client will morally not be ready to pay. We show the value and benefits but only then we call concrete cost.
17. You raise doubts in the professionalism at the client. Badly you know technical parameters of goods, a possibility of operation, installation, dismantle, service life, an expiration date. If you do not know - forward to learn! If you accurately convey information to the client, and he all the same does not trust you: 1. “the help of the expert“ can ask is your colleague, the head or your regular customer who uses your goods, service. 2. It is possible to address accompanying documentation (taking into account that you it is good it you know and you will open in the right place and show necessary to the client). 3. It is possible to show customer reviews which they left in your company or on the website of your company.
18. You are not able or do not know how to convince the client. The cost of goods, service is higher, the better there has to be an ability to convince at the seller. You can well sell goods of a mid-price segment, but as soon as you have to sell goods more expensively to a segment (the VIP - a segment) you will begin to lose the confidence.
19. You are fond of “denigration“ of the competitors. Show the strengths of goods, the company better and show benefit of the client. Instead of “denigration“, use shortcomings of your competitors and make of small defects - serious shortcomings.
20. You build and hold the presentation of goods, service without “effect of the district and mentality“. In each region of the country there are features if there live the closed groups - the people. At sale it is necessary to consider features of mentality, local values and orientations.
+ 1. The main reason for the fact that clients leave to competitors. Sellers answer: “All of us know! We already could not study!“ At this moment the company begins to lose the clients, the consciousness the seller becomes less flexible, self-confidence reads off scale a waterline and within a year the profit of the company is reduced if this the companies in general survives for this year.