What is “Strong-willed gymnastics“ of Anokhin?
Alexander Konstantinovich Anokhin are the famous athlete and the propagandist of sport of the beginning of the 20th century. I would call that time the Golden Age of gymnastics, so it was popular. At the end of 19, the beginning of the 20th century a number of the original systems of power gymnastics which still did not lose relevance was created.
A. Anokhin is the author of one of such systems carrying the name “strong-willed gymnastics“. Its essence that in power exercises burdening is replaced with tension of muscles - antagonists.
“the autonomous gymnastics“ of Fokhtin became development of “strong-willed gymnastics“. But it has also essential differences. In Fokhtin`s system we create resistance, using other extremity. For example, we bend a hand, resisting other hand. At the same time at the “working“ hand we train a biceps (sgibatel), at the hand showing resistance the triceps (razgibatel) is at the same time loaded. In “strong-willed gymnastics“ we imitate usual exercises with burdenings. Resistance appears muscles - antagonists of the same extremity (or, when pumping the case, muscles of the opposite side of a body).
Advantages of system:
- does not demand the place and the equipment;
- it can be carried out in free time, in breaks between affairs;
- it can be used as the “hidden“ gymnastics;
- the effort is regulated randomly - it allows to carry out, for example, warm-up approaches with small loading, gradually increasing it during the main approaches;
- besides the exercises described by the author it is possible to think up own, answering to your purposes;
- in exercise the main are studied at the same time not only “muscle U-00BB, but also the antagonists showing resistance;
- exercises demand concentration, promote development of strong-willed qualities;
- and of course, develop feeling of a body.
So, we will get acquainted with exercises on the example of the complex given usually.
1. Starting position: standing, hands in the parties palms up. Bend hands in elbows, imitating rise in weight or pulling to themselves. Muscles - razgibatel show resistance at this time, gradually conceding. Having concerned brushes of shoulders, turn palms in the parties and unbend hands as if pushing away something in the parties. Muscles “change roles“: now the main effort is made by razgibatel, and sgibatel create resistance, gradually conceding.
By this principle also other exercises are carried out. The effort is always created on the movement in both parties. After completion of one-way traffic “working“ and “the muscles creating resistance“ change roles, and you come back to a starting position.
2. Exercise is similar to the first, but hands in a starting position - before itself. Serially bend and unbend hands in elbows, try to keep elbows motionless. Do not forget to show resistance not only when bending, but also at extension of hands.
3. Standing, you part the hands raised before themselves in the parties, imitating extension of an expander. Then, also with effort, you cramp hands before yourself.
4. Lying on a back, serially lift and lower legs approximately to a corner in 50 degrees, without touching by floor heels. Put effort on the movement both up, and down.
5. Starting position: standing, a back direct, hands it is possible to adhere for a chair back. Sit down with effort as though you are held for the top or shoulders, tightening up. Rise, also overcoming resistance.
6. Standing, imitate a freight raising up, over the head. Straighten hands up from shoulders, the return movement - as if you pull something down.
7. Push-ups with effort. Down - as though you press something into a floor, up - as though you lift weight.
8. Starting position: standing, hands in the parties, fists are clenched. Serially with effort lift and lower (bend and unbend in luchezapyastny joints) brushes.
9. Lying lift the top part of the case, “overcoming resistance“. Fall also with a resistance, without making “empty“ movements! I would recommend to bend legs in knees and to lift the case not to a sitting position, and degrees on 30-45. So you swing muscles of the top press, without shifting part of load of hips.
10. Starting position: standing, halfbent legs at shoulder length. Raise the left hand forward, right along a trunk. Lower left, at the same time lifting right, then on the contrary (it is similar to the movement of hands of the skier). The movement in both parties is carried out with effort.
11. Having bent legs in knees, bend forward. Bend hands in elbows, begin to unbend serially hands in elbow joints as it is possible further back.
Two last exercises remind the movements of the skier and supplement each other. I will assume that they can be united in one exercise.
12. Starting position: to foot together, it is possible to adhere for a chair back. With effort lift socks as it is possible above, leaning on heels. Fall back and again rise, by socks this time. In total - both rises, and lowerings - we carry out with effort.
13. Standing, raise hands in “lock“ over the head. Having turned to the right, bend forward. Become straight, repeat to the left. It is possible to add a deflection to this sequence back: turn, an inclination forward, a deflection back, straightening, turn in other party. In total with effort, all - overcoming resistance as though you move in very viscous environment!
14. Raise the right hand up, left bend to a shoulder. Serially change position of hands: one up, another down, to a shoulder. The raising of weights is imitated.
A complex quite good, especially if to use it only for the general physical training. But who told that it is necessary to be limited to this complex? Self-resistance muscles - antagonists can be used practically in any movements where it is necessary to learn to develop big efforts. By experience I will tell that in single combats this method successfully replaces burdenings and expanders. Its plus that we can create resistance on those movements which need to be fulfilled. It is possible “to strengthen“ also the usual household movements: for example, raising of weights, walking, inclinations, turns and so forth. Anokhin`s system perfectly adapts to needs of the specific person, and its opportunities are limited only to the imagination.