How to grow up on a kitchen garden two harvests for one season?
to Each gardener - the gardener always wants to reap a crop of large, healthy and beautiful fruits and vegetables. And that they were more tasty, and them was more! But not always it is possible to realize in practice, especially if the seasonal dacha small.
Therefore for achievement of more effective use of its areas it is possible to try to receive from one bed two harvests of various cultures for one season.
Even in severe conditions of Siberia (my site in Altai) it is quite possible.
In - the first, after harvesting of one culture, it is possible to seed and grow up on a vacant place something another. In - the second, growing up in common some plants, it is possible to receive from them a quite good harvest.
During the season I alternate cultures on one place as follows :
1. On beds where early potatoes grew, after its cleaning (at the end of July - the beginning of August) I sow a radish, salad.
2. After a vykorchevka of otplodonosivshy old strawberry (in the middle of July) I sow turnip, a radish, daikon.
3. After cleaning of garlic and onions - a turnip (in August) I grow up a radish, salad or I land young strawberry.
4. After an early radish (at the beginning of June) it is possible to place seedling of tomatoes, cabbage, cucumbers, vegetable marrows on a bed, to plant potatoes, to grow up salad.
5. On my kitchen garden near a bed of cucumbers on both sides radish beds always settle down. In June when all crop of a radish is reaped, made occasional seat just and will occupy the expanding lashes of cucumbers. In the middle of May directly on beds of the growing-up radish in addition I sow corn at distance of 2 - 2,5 m from cucumbers. Both the radish, and corn, and cucumbers yield a quite good harvest.
6. I land early potatoes on both sides from beds of water-melons, vegetable marrows or melons in one - two rows that after harvesting of potatoes (in July) the space for these expanding cultures was released.
7. If it is necessary to root out currant, raspberry, the frozen apple-trees, etc. in the second half of summer, then on this place I grow up a radish and salad.
It is possible to use, of course, and other options of alternation of cultures, depending on requirements and taking into account local climate.
In common I grow up the following cultures :
1. At crops of carrot (a parsnip, beet, root parsley) I add to each groove through 50 cm on 1 - 2 seed of a radish (mayachkovy landing). The radish quickly ascends, thereby designating rows, and until carrots ascended, beds become easy to be processed. Then the radish grows, yields a harvest and at the same time does not disturb the main plants on beds at all.
2. For beds I spend about a half of the reserved onion sets, and other is landed at the edges of beds of strawberry, carrot, beet, a parsnip, around bushes of currant, apple-trees and so on until sevka ends.
3. I land part of garlic in the fall at the edges of beds and between strawberry bushes, around bushes of currant and apple-trees.
4. In pristvolny circles of apple-trees I grow up garlic, onions - a turnip, a radish, salad and spinach.
5. Between bushes of currant and young yablonka I land potatoes.
At rational alternation of cultures on beds during the season, and also at joint cultivation of various plants of the area of the seasonal dacha are used more effectively since on some beds I receive two harvests of various vegetable and berry cultures for a season. Besides it becomes simpler to observe the correct crop rotation of plants that in turn improves structure of the soil and revitalizes all site in general.