MTs - 255. Gun or revolver?
Since the time of the colonel Kolt, i.e. from the middle 19 - go centuries, the revolver design practically did not change. A trunk, a drum with kamor for cartridges, with great dispatch - the trigger mechanism, the handle, aim devices, an extractor for extraction of sleeves.
Practically along with guns there were also guns designed according to the revolving scheme. Guns differed from guns only in a long trunk and a butt for more exact firing on long distances.
Constructive simplicity, firing accuracy, rather high rate of fire and absolute reliability was the main advantages of the revolving scheme. It seemed, in our computer 21 - m a century the revolver absolutely terrible anachronism. However it not so. I already wrote about the traumatic Ratnik revolver which today in shops in the afternoon with fire you will not find, all production is bought directly from a warehouse. Apply this scheme and modern producers of the hunting weapon.
So, MTs - 255. History of this interesting and in many respects the unique gun (the design of the mechanism is patented) began in 1993. Then the Tula enterprise of TsKIB SOO (Central Konstruktorsko - Engineering Bureau of the Sports and Hunting Weapon) showed to the world this strange “device“.
Despite high price, more than 2000 American dollars, the gun found the buyer.
The design of the gun is rather conservative. A trunk, a drum with kamor on five cartridges, with great dispatch - the trigger mechanism, a butt, a wooden box. Everything is executed with excellent quality, one may say, with love. It also is clear, TsKIB just does not do bad guns. To exclude during a shot break of powder gases in a crack between a drum and a trunk, several patented technical tricks are made.
In - the first the gun will not shoot until the drum rises precisely opposite to a trunk and will move on a special level forward, closing a crack, and only then the special detalka allows to press a trigger. In - the second, at the basis of a trunk special chambers and even if gas and managed to escape from a trunk are made, it gathers in these chambers and leaves only at turn of a drum.
Firing is possible as with a preliminary platoon of a cock, and a self-platoon. In the first case of pro-gate of a drum and the platoon of the trigger mechanism becomes a thumb of a hand and only then index the trigger presses close and the shot is made. In the second case the forefinger turns a drum and at the same time makes a shot. Firing speed at the same time grows several times. As the gun is made very qualitatively, the effort of descent when firing by a self-platoon is small (approximately three times lower, than at the Revolver system revolver). As owners of this gun write, you get used to firing by a self-platoon quickly enough.
There is no safety lock. In general.
1. Non-failure operation. If the cartridge misfired, press on descent and shoot the following even if jammed a drum (dirt, for example), it can always be turned hands to the following boss.
2. The loaded gun is always ready to a shot. Even if the loaded boss is not necessary against a trunk. To turn a drum, having just pressed a trigger it is possible for fractions of a second. The weapon can be loaded constantly, before a shot it is necessary to press descent only.
3. Soft and easy descent by a self-platoon. What surprises many. Minus this “comfort“ - essential weakening of a fighting spring, the shooter, not familiar with this weapon, can incidentally shoot, having just put a finger on a trigger (naturally, at previously cocked).
4. Magnificent controllability! Ideal balancing of the gun which cent of weight is located in the field of a drum. The gun easily moves as to the parties, and up - down.
5. An opportunity without recharge to shoot different cartridges. On running hunting many hunters load the gun in large and small fraction and turn a drum on the necessary cartridge at emergence of this or that game. When hunting for a large animal load two kamora with cartridges with a bullet, and three kamor - a case-shot.
1. From - for a drum side play, both longitudinal, and cross, the gun when walking strongly taps in a step to gait. On hunting this knock can scare away a sensitive game. Fight against this knock, pasting rubber laying on back part of a drum.
2. Weakness of a fighting spring. It is necessary to pay for comfort - boyok not always breaks the boss`s cap. Such misfire can theoretically end with a long shot, and at the drum turned in passion of hunting the sleeve takes off directly for a face, putting a terrible trauma. Therefore skilled hunters or use import cartridges (the cap breaks easier there), or select ammunition specially, shooting parties of different cartridges, and then use only cartridges which shoot always.
The first gun MTs - 255 was released in 20 - m caliber, further, after successful start, guns in 12 - m and modern American were designed. 410 - m caliber. At exhibitions caliber guns 28 and 32 were shown though in practice nobody saw them. In twenty five years since the beginning of release, after removal of patent protection, MTs “clones“ - 255 in caliber. To produce 410 steels in China and Brazil in lots.
Well and it is a little about sad. Today (2012) the gun MTs - 255 is not produced in lots. But everything is possible to make such bagatelle-. TsKIB SOO accepts applications for piece production of guns of the MTs brand - 255 12, 20 and. 410 calibers. The prices, however, begin from 2500 American dollars, and it only the beginning. As a rule, after transfer of all options (material of a butt and box, decorating, aim devices, pro-points under optics or a collimator sight, external dulny narrowings for exact firing in fraction and a bullet, a cover for carrying) the price significantly increases.