How you behave during an illness or What forms VKB?
When the person get sick, in his mentality there are changes. They are shown at various levels. Cognitive level influences thoughts of the person concerning the indisposition. Emotional - on how the person at the psychological level adapts to the troubles which comprehended it with health. Behavioural level bears responsibility for behavior during an illness.
You noticed for yourself, for the relatives of change when you get sick? Some begin to find a sore behind a sore, stimulating usual cold to turn into something unusual. Someone will prefer not to notice flu or will ignore poisoning, having gone deep into work.
Such actions also form of VKB - an internal picture of an illness . This term was entered by the therapist, the physician Roman Albertovich Luriya.
To understand motives of actions of the patient, it is necessary to understand how he reacts to the illness at the emotional level. This aspect will give the chance to avoid misunderstanding in the relations with a family, relatives, friends and colleagues.
There are several types of the relation to an illness:
1. The harmonious type - at the patient is created komplayens - the correct behavior. The person undertakes part of responsibility for the recovery, follows doctor`s instructions, takes the appointed medicine.
2. Ergopatichesky type - the person tries to steep in work, refuses to recognize that it is unhealthy.
3. Anozognozichesky type - “I deny knowledge of an illness“ - the patient is protected, pretending that it is healthy. Such type of the relation is often characteristic of patients with alcoholism who refuse to recognize an illness.
4. Disturbing type - the patient all the time looks for methods for the speedy recovery, new drugs, tries to make tests in several places. When there is positive dynamics, uneasiness falls down, but then arises again. At such type often there is “fobofobiya“ - fear of fear. Attacks of uneasiness turn into real torments.
5. The Ipokhondrichesky type - occurs fixing on diseases or health. The care of a condition of an organism completely absorbs thoughts and human life which ceases to care for something else.
6. Neurotic type - “irritable weakness“ - against an illness often flashes of unjustified irritation arise. The person can shout from anything at close, offend it. But after flashes there comes the moment of repentance and apologies.
7. The melancholic type - the person enters a condition of melancholy, pessimism, he does not believe that treatment will end successfully.
8. Apathetic type - the patient is not interested in anything at all: neither the illness, nor people around, nor the life. For it everything is indifferent.
9. Senzitivny type - people with such type hesitate of the illness. They are very sensitive to opinions and the relation of people around, are afraid of their estimates.
10. Egocentric type - the person focuses attention on himself people around, using the position of the patient. That there is a wish - can make that there is no wish - “I am ill“. Here it is necessary to pay attention that the person is not a simulator, such behavior is shown by it unconsciously.
11. The Paranoyalny type - to the patient seems that his illness with an ulterior motive that it was maleficiated, envied, sent damage. Also such type is shown in persistent confidence that it is badly treated, give bad drugs, suspects doctors of insincerity.
12. Disforichesky type - “disforiya“ - frustration. Experiences are shown in spitefully - sad mood, humiliation of people around, constant envy to healthy. People with such type become despots for people around.
All types (except the first) demand obligatory correction. Often they introduce disharmony not only in a psychological state of the most sick, but also in its relations with people around. Try to find forces and to help the loved one, together with the expert, to reach a harmonious state.
What would not be an illness physical, it will be transferred much easier at the correct relation to it.