How to mount gypsum cardboard the hands?
gypsum cardboard Installation - a surface covering ceiling, wall or moisture resistant gypsum cardboard - a fast and economic way to hide unattractive uneven walls, ceilings and slopes from public eyes.
I will tell you about the simplest and convenient technology of installation of gypsum plasterboards - the HL installation on metal profiles.
To execute gypsum cardboard installation, in case of its fastening to a wall use two various types of the profiles working in a set: the galvanized directing UD profile - 27 and the CD profile - 60, executed in a form. “Regiments“ and “back“ of a profile have three flutes for centering of the screwed-in screws and give it additional rigidity.
The framework of a direct false ceiling is logically designed on the basis of the UD profiles - 27 which at installation of a framework of a false ceiling fasten on room perimeter, and CD - 60.
Installation of a multilevel false ceiling is made by means of a direct suspension and a suspension with a clip which are an integral part of installation works. Pay attention that all accessories of a metal framework have to have a zinc covering which will be able adequately to counteract aggressive influence of environment.
As is made gypsum cardboard installation
1. First of all we will execute a marking on which we will establish profiles. The line of a joint of the next sheets of gypsum cardboard has to be located on the center of front part of the rack-mount CD profile - 60. Respectively, on width we will mark lines of vertical profiles of future facing of CD - 60 (a step of vertical lines - 600 mm).
2. we Measure depth of a framework and we add to it HL thickness. Then we draw a horizontal line on a floor, having receded from a wall on the distance received as a result of addition.
3. we Get up on a step-ladder and, using a plumb, we define similar border on a ceiling.
4. we Take away thickness of HL of a leaf from lines and we mark on the top and lower overlapping of the line of a ledge of a profile.
5. we Paste over with an elastic rubber tape a surface of the bearing profile - that which will adjoin further to the basis. We cut off surplus of a tape a painting or joiner`s knife.
6. Strictly on level we establish the directing UD profile - 27 on a floor: we put a profile to noted border of a framework and we do by means of a hard-alloy drill of an opening under expansion bolt shields (a step - 600-1000 mm). Then we insert expansion bolt shields and we fix a profile by screws.
7. we Repeat similar operation for a ceiling.
8. the Maximum gap for UD - 27 - 5 mm from each of the parties.
9. we Strengthen direct suspensions (the punched plates from steel), on vertical lines of future framework. We use expansion bolt shields and screws. As suspensions apply the standard arms which are included in the package of frame profiles.
10. we Establish rack-mount suspensions, fixing them on a wall surface (to suspensions) by means of expansion bolt shields and screws.
11. To the horizontal directing UD profiles - 27 vertical rack-mount CDs - 60 fasten self-tapping screws on metal 3,5 x 9,5mm. We screw self-tapping screws to the full the screw gun. The framework is ready.
12. If it is required, make between racks space a heater (polyfoam, mineral-cotton plates), it will protect the room from cold and dampness.
13. When the obreshetka is ready, it is possible to pass to fixture of sheets of gypsum cardboard. Chamfer previously at an angle 45 º on a vertical joint of a leaf then to facilitate a shpaklevaniye.
14. Note in advance and drill an electrofret saw or a hacksaw an opening for switches or sockets if it is necessary. Smooth edges of the cut-off sheets can be made by means of an edging plane.
15. Now the HL can begin to fix from the most top corner of our framework, having recorded them on a profile self-tapping screws with a fastening step about 300 mm. Sheets it is necessary to fix a chess order, lines of seams should not coincide.
of the Hat of self-tapping screws needs to be drowned in a surface of gypsum cardboard on one millimeter that then they could be puttied.
16. Seams need to be wiped from construction debris and dust.
17. Joints of gypsum plasterboards need to be grounded. It is for this purpose better to apply a primer.
18. It is possible to close up seams finally hard putty further, and on the reinforced surface to put a serpyanka (a glass cloth self-adhesive tape).
19. When works on seal of seams are ready, level all surface of a plasterboard covering.
Not so difficult!