The monument to what engine is established at station Petrozavodsk - passenger?
Not so that are frequent, but monuments to engines meet at our large railway stations. Here and in Petrozavodsk there is such.
Ezheutrenne arriving from Moscow company fast “Karelia“ usually give on the first way. But if not to know it, then at the people that already clung to carriage windows waiting for fast disembarkation, the feeling such that is more right than the arriving structure to the station which is already appearing from - for the booths established on the platform and office buildings, moves one more train. The antediluvian black engine with the windows of the box of the driver hammered with plywood and number “E - 738 - 47“ output by white paint on it and a back wall of the tender.
Formally it is a monument to the engine of a series “E“ constructed in 1935 at Bryansk Engineering Plant “Red professional intern“ factory No. 738 - 47. To that which more than half a century (till 1987 when it was put on the eternal parking) honestly fulfilled the in Petrozavodsk office of Oktyabrskaya Railway and in the years of war drove echelons to besieged Leningrad on Pobedy Road which is urgently built in January - February, 1943 on the southern coast of Lake Ladoga between Sinyavino and Shlisselburg. Since February 7 it till March 10 of the following 44 - go years on a branch line, less than ten kilometers long, nearly 5,5 thousand structures with the most necessary freights for the besieged city were carried out. The part of them was brought to Leningrad by a present Petrozavodsk monument.
Probably, already one it is quite enough to set the engine on the eternal parking. The cargo main engine of a series “E“ factory No. 738 - 47th all the “biography“ deserved respect for itself.
But generally as it seems to me, on the station platform Petrozavodsk - passenger is established a monument to not just deserved sample of railway equipment. It is a monument to the whole era. Which slowly leaves us together with our grandmothers and grandfathers.
Among railroad workers two informal names - “echo“ and “ýøàê“ were assigned to the engine of a series “E“.
The first, most likely, thanks to the power allowing the locomotive to pull along heavy structures. As veterans of one of the last Soviet lines up to 1980 working at locomotive draft - a branch remember the Vasilyevsky Moss - Kalinin - when the locomotive got moving forward a long chain loaded peat of cars, so-called revolving objects, from a booming steam exhaust glasses in all buildings of Zavolzhye part of the city shivered.
The second name - “ýøàê“ - the engine received as derivative of a name of small, unpretentious, but very hardworking one-hoofed.
Probably, these main qualities - good maneuverability, exclusive working capacity and tremendous universality - provided to the cargo locomotive such durability. The first engine of a series “E“ was constructed in far 1912 at the Luhansk engine-building plant. The last, 45 years later, - in Hungary. At MAVAG plant.
In 39 years (in 1937 - 42. and in 1945 engines of a series “E“ were not issued) not less than 10 853 locomotives various modifications - “Ý“ (1528 units), “Eg“ (made in Germany - 700), “Ash“ (made in Sweden - 500), “Eu“ (strengthened - no more than 2499), “Em“ (modernized - more than 2325), “Ayr“ (reconstructed - not less than 3266) were constructed.
On duration of industrial production and quantity of the made copies the engine of a series “E“ is brought the Guinness Book of Records. On these indicators he is an absolute champion not only domestic, but also world locomotive building. Its production was arranged almost at three tens plants in seven countries of the world. Besides Russia (then the Soviet Union) and already mentioned Sweden and Germany making engines of the corresponding modifications in 1921 - 23. in post-war time they were built in Romania, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and Poland.
Of course, the people building these engines and driving them on steel highways of the country did not think of records. They needed the unpretentious “working horse“ capable to perform the work charged to her in the most severe conditions.
We will remember, three big wars - World War I, Civil, the Great Patriotic War, not to mention fights at the lake Hassan, on Halkhin - the Goal or about Winter war of 1939 - 40 with Finland fell to the share of generation of our grandfathers and great-grandfathers in the first half of the last century. And post-war recovery of the destroyed economy?
Just for such, very hard work in difficult road conditions the engine of a series “E“ was also adapted. With a diameter of wheels of five leading couples which was available for it - 1320 mm - the engine had even no constructional opportunity to gather high speeds. On July 1, 1935 the driver of station Sloviansk Pyotr Krivonos carried out heavy structure with the Donetsk coal with a technical speed of 31,9 km/h that on 8,9 km was above the schedule established to it. In a week this indicator was increased by 5,1 km/h. And it was the all-Union record.
Yes, so-called constructional speed at engines of a series “E“ was higher: 55 km/h. And at later modifications of “Em“, “Ayr“ - is 10 km/h more. But this indicator did not consider that the engine on railroad tracks moves not one, and pulls along long and heavy structure. Cargo work - here was the main task of engines of a series “E“. And they coped with it in any conditions.
The same five wheel pairs of known diameter allowed the locomotive to pass on the one hand smoothly curves of turns of railroad tracks small (from 150 m) radiuses, with another - no more than 16 - 17 t created load of moving axes of rails. Both the first, and the second ideally considered features of hastily laid, temporary, front roads.
And if to add ability of “eshak“ to work at low-calorie fuel, like crude firewood or slate to it, then will become clear that engines of a series “E“ could perform cargo work practically in any conditions. Was to lift a vapor pressure in a copper to 5 kgfs / sq. cm enough (against passport 12 - 14), and the engine began to pull along heavy structure.
Together with the well-known Katyusha rocket launchers, tanks T - 34 or attack planes Il - the 2nd engines of a series “E“ rightfully can be carried to that equipment by means of which the Great Victory was forged. These engines formed the well-known columns of a special reserve of Narkomat of means of communication which provided bulk of military transportations. The choice for these purposes “ekhovsky“, spoke not only their fitness to severe conditions of front roads and a possibility of work any kinds not of the most qualitative fuel, but also that factor that engines of this series the long period of time could do without depot service.
Simple, but rather reliable machine design allowed the driver and his assistant to debug practically all arising in use by own forces with use of a regular set of metalwork tools. As a last resort, by means of scrap, a sledge hammer and some - absolutely unclear whose - mothers.
Here it was it. This engine of a series “E“. The simple, reliable and unpretentious hard worker who, without looking on any difficulties, at the same time generation which built it and drove on steel highways took out the country from all wars and post-war ruin.
And for it to them - both the car, and people - our grateful memory …