How to teach the child to float for one lesson?
Soon summer. There will come the hot time, at children long-awaited vacation will begin. Parents, as always, will be all day long engaged at work. Someone from children will go for rest in various improving camp. Other children the most part of time will be provided to themselves and, naturally, will want to go to hot weather to a reservoir and to bathe.
But, unfortunately, not all from them are able to float. And if parents in the day off give to the child the first lesson of swimming, at least, will teach him not to be afraid of water, it will help to prevent many accidents connected with drowning. This technique of training in swimming very simple.
1. The choice of the place for bathing and training in swimming
Before coming into water, it is necessary to pay attention to the following:
- on a sanitary condition of a reservoir and whether it is possible to bathe in it;
- on the air temperature and waters (for children of preschool age air temperature has to be not less than 25 degrees, and waters - not less than 23 degrees);
- whether is not present at the bottom of snags, columns, beaten bottles and fittings;
- what whether depth at the coast and flat descent, whether a sandy bottom;
- what current and whether is not present in this place of whirlpools.
If conditions for bathing are acceptable, then training in swimming will require a water strip along the coast about 10 - 15 meters with depth no more than 1 meter. It is possible to train in swimming of children aged from 4 - 5 years. But it is important to remember: water should not be higher than the level of a breast of the child and you have to be near always.
2. We teach the child not to be afraid of water
the Majority of exercises in training of children in swimming is carried out in the form of game. If the child courageous is also not afraid to come into water, we take him by hand and we come with him together on depth to him on a belt.
Exercise “Sea battle“. we Get up the person to each other and, getting water palms, we splash at each other. The one who will force another to recede wins. This game teaches the child to that he was not afraid of hit of water on the person.
It is played in “Distillations“. At distance of 3 - 4 meters from the coast we will put floating toys in water. Then we become with the child facing water ashore and on a signal we run to toys, we take on one and we come back to the coast. The one who collected toys more wins. The purpose - to teach the child it is correct to move in water, helping itself hands (doing grebk around a body).
We teach the child to plunge into water. We play “Pump“. Depth of water has to reach to the child a breast. We ask it to make a breath, to ship the person in water and to make an exhalation. Eyes can be closed. After small training we take the child by hands and we become the face to each other. Then, alternately squatting, we plunge into water, holding the breath, and we do a full exhalation in water.
We teach the child to plunge into water with open eyes. We play in “Courageous children“. we Become the face to each other and we join hands. After that on command together with the child we plunge into water with open eyes. For control it is possible to suggest to count how many fingers at you on hand, to make out any subject in water (for example, to find and get a toy which you put from a bottom).
We carry out emerging exercise. “Float“ or pose of “Jellyfish“. It is carried out without the aid of the adult. Depth of water has to reach to the child a breast. We ask it to make a breath, to sit down, to clasp with hands knees, and to press a chin to a breast, to hold the breath for 10 - 15 seconds. Prietom at the expense of the pushing-out force (in lungs air) a body will begin to emerge a back on a surface as a float.
We make it several times. After that we complicate exercise . As soon as the body emerges, we ask the child to extend hands and legs and several seconds to lie down on water. The head surely has to be in water, the person is lowered down.
This exercise teaches the child to understanding that in the presence of air in lungs, his body emerges, and it can quietly float.
3. We teach the child to slide on water on a breast. Exercises for sliding
by means of these exercises we learn to accept the correct starting position for performance of the sliding movements. Having made a deep breath and having made a start legs, the child slides on a water surface to a full stop. The breath needs to be held until the end of exercise. The head is hung in water, a trunk, hands, legs and feet are straightened.
All exercises are carried out by the person or sideways to the coast.
1. water Depth to the child up to a breast. You stand behind it. The child raises hands up and imposes a palm of one hand on another. Then, having made a deep breath and having held the breath, bends forward so that his head, shoulders and hands extended over the head appeared in water, and, standing on one leg, other leg makes a start from your knees and slides on a surface to a full stop. Pay attention, the head has to be in water facedown.
2. the Same exercise, only without the aid of the adult. “Arrow“ is called. The child comes into water up to a breast, takes a deep breath, holds the breath and, having extended hands forward as it is possible further, makes a start from a bottom legs. At the correct performance of exercise the child has to proskolzit several meters on a breast.
4. We work elements of swimming movements
Exercise is carried out on the small place at the coast, at the edge of water where the child can execute an emphasis lying.
Legs of the child have to be extended, shoulders in water, the head over water. Pay attention to feet. They have to be ideally straight lines too. Legs in knees also should not be bent. In such situation the child begins to work legs up - down. Then, without stopping work as legs, begins to carry out breathing exercises - a deep breath and an exhalation in water.
We repeat exercise of sliding on water with pushing away by the child`s leg bent in a knee from the adult`s knees, but with participation in the movement up - down his legs, as in the previous exercise. Pay attention that in the course of sliding the head has to be hung in water facedown and rises only for a breath. Then again the exhalation in water falls and becomes.
We repeat exercise “Arrow“, but with the movement of legs, as in the previous exercise.
5. We connect hands
It is carried out the following exercises.
1. The child costs in water. Water to it up to a breast. He bends forward so that his shoulders and a chin were in water, and begins to make grebk hands from top to down. It is especially necessary to watch the correct entrance of hands to water. At a wave over water the hand is slightly bent in an elbow joint, and the fungus is made by a straight arm. At first the brush and a forearm, then an elbow and a shoulder enter water. Hands, fingers and a palm have to represent a uniform support. When performing a grebk the hand passes under a stomach to a hip. Finishing a fungus, the child turns the person sideways towards a fungal hand. The neck and the head are a rotation axis. After turn of the head of companies of the child it appears over a water surface, and he can make a breath. The exhalation becomes in water in the course of the fungal movement of other hand. Then process repeats.
We watch and we help it to carry out correctly sequence of performance of elements of exercise, trying to obtain synchronization: a fungus the right hand, turn of the head - a breath; fungus the left hand, turn of the head facedown - an exhalation in water. We repeat exercise of 10 - 15 times.
2. Water is slightly higher than a belt. the Child takes a deep breath and lays down a stomach down on water, having extended legs, and also having straightened hands behind the head. The head is hung in water, facedown. We support him for palms by the hands. It begins to work legs and to serially carry out the fungal movements by hands, taking a breath and an exhalation, as in the previous exercise (floats “crawl“ on a breast). We slowly depart back, helping it to float. We monitor synchronization of movements of hands and legs, breath.
6. We send to “independent swimming“
we Allow the child “to make a start“ from us and we watch whether it is capable to float independently several meters. If at it it turns out, so the objectives of training are achieved. He learned to float and to float a little.
If for it the way of swimming turns out a crawl on a breast too difficult, then it is possible to train in the facilitated ways of swimming.
7. The facilitated ways of swimming
Option No. 1. Legs move as when swimming by a crawl on breasts, straight arms and move at the same time down to hips. For performance of this option the child at first slides in water with the hands extended forward. Palms are turned down, the person is lowered in water, legs are extended. After sliding it begins to work as when swimming by a crawl on a breast, then begins to do at the same time by straight arms a fungus down and back to hips. The exhalation in water is made when hands reach vertical position. The breath is carried out when the fungus comes to the end and the head appears on a water surface. Then the cycle of movements is repeated.
Option No. 2. the Movement of legs as when swimming by a crawl on breasts, straight arms also move at the same time through the parties from hips. The child starts work anew as legs, and then by straight arms at the same time does a fungus through the parties to hips. The exhalation in water is made at immersion of hands in water, a breath - when raising the head of water. Then the cycle of movements is repeated. Hands work, as when swimming with a breast stroke.
In the subsequent the child himself will develop and will improve the acquired knowledge and skills. And the most important - is possible, they to it will help to keep health and life in any emergency situation connected with its stay on this or that reservoir.