The snow-covered landscape of
the Snow-covered landscape
Is opened the initial image in working space (RGB).
We create snow.
1) We come into a palette Channels channels, we duplicate the blue channel and we invert its (Ctrl+i)
2) In the copy of the blue channel we use the team Select> Color Range, as a pipette it is chosen light-gray color on the main image, you set the Fuzziness parameter proceeding from the image, in this case it is used paramt Fuzziness = 110.
3) We copy the received allocation by the Copy team (Ctrl+c), click by a mouse on RGB channel, we come back in palitrulayers, we insert our allocation by the Paste team (Ctrl+v). Allocation is automatically copied on a new layer.
4) If it is necessary, we will remove with an eraser (E) snow manifestations unnecessary us, there where it should not be, for example from the sky. Snow turned out grayish therefore we influence the Levels team (ctrl+L), on a layer with the snow, shifting the white slider to the left.
Result of our works dolno to become the similar image:
We will work with the sky - we will make it more saturated and frosty.
5) Again we will apply the Color Range command on the image a pipette this time we will choose color of the sky.
Selecting Fuzziness value you watch that excess details did not get to allocation.
6) At a nebkhodimost exclude the unnecessary details which got to allocation instruments of allocation, having chosen the exception mode on the panel of setup of the tool - Substract from selection or by means of a fast mask (Q).
7) Without removing allocation, we will make active a layer with the main image.
8) We create the correcting Curves layer (Layer> of New adjustment layer> Curves)
9) Having clamped Ctrl we click with a mouse in the sky of the main image, thereby establishing a point on our curve. If the sky has strong transition from one color to another we choose average value. We move a half-scientific point on a curve down, it is better to do it by an arrow “down“ on the keyboard - the point will not wag to the left - to the right at an unsteady hand.
we Select result on taste.
10) Having clicked on Curves layer mask, holding to ctrl lavish again we load the allocation of the sky
11 received by us earlier) we Create the new correcting Solid Color layer (Layer> of New adjustment layer> Solid Color) Pick up
Xing - violet color, in this case is used by R:82 G:27 B:195 (521bc3), put the mode of mixing on Color, pick up force of influence for taste the Opacity slider.
12) We will return to a layer with the snow.
13) We will allocate its contents having clamped Ctrl and having clicked it in a Layers palette (In the CS2 version allocation thus does not work, it is necessary or to expose a combination of keys in the menu of control of the hot keys (Alt+Ctrl+Shift+k) Select> to Load Selection, or to click with the magic wand (W) with the Tolerance 1 settings which is switched off by Contiguous tick on an empty (transparent) site of a layer and to invert allocation (Ctrl+Shift+i))
14) Having allocated a layer with the snow, we create a new layer (Ctrl+Shift+n) over it, we choose colors forward and a background, shades light-violet and light-blue, I used R:142 G:150 B:225 (8e96e1) and R:74 G:114 B:229 (4a72e5) respectively.
15) We choose the tool a gradient (G) with the parameters Linear Gradient, Foreground to Background
and we do gradient filling on all area of snow. The mode of imposing we set Overlay, opacity of a layer we put 65%. We remove allocation of Ctrl+d.
We will emphasize shadows.
16) Make active a layer with the main image and leave visible only it.
17) Again we will apply the Color Range team this time we will choose shadows on our image - we will click on a dark site.
18) We will copy half-scientific allocation of Ctrl+c, we will make visible other layers, we do active a layer with the snow and we insert allocation of Ctrl+v. The new layer over a layer with the snow has to turn out.
19) At the turned-out layer we put the mode of imposing Soft Light and opacity to taste, a vzavisimost from depth of shadows.
So as a result our palette of layers Layers
A so the half-scientific image has to look