Sacred month Ramadan. What does the Muslim post differ from Christian in?
Ramadan. “Eat and drink until you are able to distinguish a white string of dawn from black, and then you fast till the night“. on August 11 in the majority of the Arab countries month Ramadan began
Ramadan (ر م ض ا ن) the ninth month according to an Islamic calendar both the most sacred and treasured of all months. Ramadan is attached to a lunar calendar and a new moon therefore month Ramadan according to our calendar falls on different time all the time.
In sacred month Ramadan, at night the Shot (Night of Predetermination), all Koran - it what we see it today - was postponed with Lyaukhi - Mahfouz (the Stored Tables) for our wordly sky, and from there was gradually, according to requirements of time, for 23 years is told the Prophet Mahomed. As the Koran was granted in a month Ramadan, was decided that this Sacred month is intended for clarification of soul and enrichment of reason.
Ramadan - month of a post, favor and forgiveness. On Ramadan Muslims have to observe a rigid post from dawn to a decline, that is approximately since 5 in the morning and till 7 in the evening. The post lasts 30 days, but it is necessary to fast only during the light day. It is impossible to smoke, eat and drink in the afternoon - in general. With approach of a decline and till the dawn all ban is withdrawn - is everything is possible, any restrictions in food, as in a Christian post, no. By the way, on Ramadan it is impossible to make love during the day too, it is necessary to wait for a decline. During Ramadan it is necessary to apologize at everything, to do good deeds and to help the poor. Many rich Muslims prepare packages of products and transfer them to poor people - a semblance of humanitarian aid.
In general, Ramadan is considered a holiday, and hostesses try to cook for the family the best food on Ramadan, but to a decline a crumb of bread and at all water in a mouth should not be.
The concept of such post consists in the following: the post is important because the fasting person becomes more God-fearing, executes that God rules, and, submissively following rules the whole day, and then having an opportunity to satisfy the hunger and thirst, realizes favor of God to it.
Besides, it is considered that the post is useful in the spiritual and social plan, and also from the point of view of medicine because it develops will power, accustoms to overcoming of difficulties, easier refusal of vicious habits and weaknesses. In the period of a post of people learns to control itself. Meanwhile, this year month Ramadan dropped out for hot August, not easy all day without water.
The post broken or interrupted on Ramadan will need to be “fulfilled“ later. And, as no liquid can be drunk during a post, Muslims accurately described all chances of hit of any liquid or food in a mouth and established whether this hit is interrupting a post or legal. Here some, the most interesting.
The actions which are not interrupting a post:
- a saliva proglatyvaniye, irrespective of its quantity;
- if a mouth was carefully rinsed, then there is no harm in the reddish shade of saliva appearing after eating of leaves of an areca palm tree;
- unintentional hit in a water throat if the person makes ablution and does not remember a post;
- unintentional vomiting, irrespective of the number of emetic masses;
- a proglatyvaniye of the saliva mixed with blood from a wound in a mouth if the amount of blood is less, than saliva;
- testing something language and the subsequent vyplevyvaniye of it (Such action if it is made needlessly, is makrukh - undesirable, though not forbidden. But is not makrukh that case when the woman has a rough husband who can arrange quarrel from - for a lack of salt of food.) ;
- chewing of food and feeding of the child by it, when necessary (needlessly - makrukh);
- is makrukh to brush teeth toothpaste or tooth-powder - if paste or powder, irrespective of quantity, will get into a throat, the post will be interrupted.
The actions interrupting a post and demanding compensation after Ramadan a one-day post:
- the proglatyvaniye of the particles of food which got stuck between teeth of the size of the Turkish peas or is more than it;
- if the food particles which got stuck between teeth are taken out from a mouth and then eaten, the post becomes invalid, irrespective of the size of particles;
- if the person overslept after a sukhur with a leaf of an areca palm tree in a mouth;
- deliberate vomiting a full mouth;
- a proglatyvaniye of back small amount of the emetic weight which left unintentionally;
- eating inedible or not used as drugs, that is nuts, pieces of iron etc.;
- an oil instillation in ears;
- an enema from a lock;
- proglatyvany blood from wounds of the mouth mixed with saliva if blood has more, than saliva.
By the way, punishment for violation of a post (not for those small points above, and for serious - drink, food or sex) rather serious. It is called a kaffara and means compensation for interruption of a post on Ramadan by a post within 60 days in a row. If the kaffara is interrupted at least per day, it will be necessary to begin a kaffar from the very beginning.
But there are also certain exceptions when the person can avoid a post, - in case of an illness, an illness, travel, but in this case too surely compensation of a post is later.
As you already know, is it is possible right after a decline. Evening meal is called iftar (first meal after fast). By tradition, iftar has to occur right after sunset, and it is undesirable to postpone it. In the beginning it is necessary to say a prayer, to drink waters and to eat date. In iftar all family gathers for a house dinner. If iftar found you on the street, it is necessary to have a bite on the road.
On Ramadan all do not sleep late therefore for iftary other meals, and so almost till four in the morning follow.