To eat... that exciting to be? Mediterranean diet. There are no
need long to explain that the kitchen of the countries of the Mediterranean Sea is very different.
Moreover, is not present “ Spanish “ there is no kitchen, just as and “ Italian “. Very much dishes differ from the province to the province.
(And “ French cuisine “ - on me, so it at all not about the Mediterranean diet, and about gourmandise and art to enjoy food. Only do not speak to French - they very jealously treat everything, as for cookery, especially men!)
Nevertheless, is of 8 general key ingredients “ Mediterranean diet “. They are defined by climate of the Mediterranean: by sea, sun, moderate humidity, mountains and infertility of the soil.
1. Olive oil. the Most Mediterranean product - more you will not meet such quantity of olive groves anywhere. Olive oil reduces level so-called “ bad “ cholesterol in blood, prevents education cholesteric “ plaques “ on walls of vessels, protects warmly - vascular system.
Around the world fill with it salads, and here and in general - have breakfast the fresh bread watered with olive oil and have supper bread with a tomato and olive oil. It is better to use oil of a cold extraction “ virgin “ or “ extra virgin “. It is necessary to get used to its taste. But it is better to get used to taste of useful products, than good drugs...
2. Fish and seafood . Anchovies, a cod, a mackerel, sardines, shrimps, mollusks are used widely and everywhere in the most various combinations. All of them are rich an omega - 3 fatty acids which our organism does not make, but which fight with the same “ bad “ the cholesterol polluting our vessels dilute blood and protect ours warmly - vascular system. By the way, the salmon and a herring more traditional for our latitudes are also rich an omega - 3 fatty acids and very much even fit into the Mediterranean standards.
On the researches EPIC (European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition) of 1991, the risk of cancer of rectum considerably decreases at increase in consumption of fish and increases at increase in consumption of meat sausages and smoked products.
By the way, about fish and oil: Spaniards prefer to prepare fish “ and la of a planch “ - on a flat frying pan or a special plate, practically without adding oil. However, to roast so a fresh small fish - it is necessary to have skill.
3. Fruit and vegetables. They are rich with cellulose, vitamins, minerals, minerals. They are eaten every day. On the researches EPIC, the daily use of 500 grams of fresh vegetables and fruit reduces risk of cancer diseases of intestines by 50%.
Many tomatoes are used - they are rich with antioxidant lycopene which protects skin from aging and, by the way, does not collapse when cooking - cooking. Pepper, eggplants, onions, green beans. Artichokes - just natural gepatoprotektor.
By the way, for the Russian conditions - the cabbage will quite fit into the Mediterranean diet. Any - broccoli, color, white. According to researches of Institute of Laynus Pollinga at Oregon university, contains in it sulforafan - the substance increasing development by our organism of the enzymes neutralizing the connections causing cancer. It is considered that broccolis and Brussels sprout can be used for decrease in cancer cases of a breast, a stomach and a prostate. It is necessary to prepare quickly, couple better. Unfortunately, useful connections collapse at long processing.
About fruit and berries we hear since the childhood, but, being adults, often we neglect them. And raspberry with strawberry contain ellagovy acid which as it is considered, protects from breast cancer.
4. Light meat. Rabbit flesh, a bird, a yagnyatina, a goat`s meat and mutton contain less calories, than red meat, are rich with amino acids and minerals and are irreplaceable for the balanced food. And, is that always near at hand, is fresher. Also it is not necessary to solve problems with storage.
Though can remember also traditional Spanish jamon - dry-cured pork gammon. But it was more likely festive food, than everyday. Jamon, thanks to the fact that it can be stored very long, by the way, supplied sea expeditions.
Traditionally inhabitants of the Mediterranean always consumed very little red meat - for example, beef.
5. Cheeses. Cheeses and dairy products are rich with calcium and amino acids, and goat and sheep cheeses, traditional for the Mediterranean, contain less fat, than the others.
By the way, young cheeses - feta from Greece, the mozzarella and ricotta from Italy - are rich with the interfaced linoleic acid (ILA). SLK helps to lose excess weight and to improve a ratio between muscles and fat. And the last researches show that SLK - the most powerful fatty acid blocking development of cancer tumors. Products, rich SLK (cheeses and whole milk) recommend to use to women for prevention of breast cancer. On the last researches risk to get this illness in a postmenopause at the women who are regularly consuming these products decreases by 70%!
6. Nuts. Walnut, the filbert, almonds, cedar - are rich with minerals, fibers, vitamins and are an irreplaceable component of kitchens of all countries of the Mediterranean. Traditional Christmas sweet in Spain - turon, almond halvah.
7. Grain. Wheat, barley, rice - an irreplaceable source of food fibers, minerals, vitamins. Bread cannot be neglected. Bread - an important source of vitamins of group B. It is absolutely irreplaceable on a table of Spaniards. Bread and grain, thanks to the high content of fibers, give feeling of satiety, and interfere “ to a kusochnichanye “ thus, reducing risk of an uncontrollable set of extra kilos. Bread from coarse flour and not polished rice improve work of intestines.
8. Wine. French speak about “ French paradox “. In France where traditionally the preference is given to red wine, the lowest incidence warmly - vascular diseases.
Red dry wine is especially rich with the polyphenols and natural antioxidants reducing contents “ bad “ cholesterol in blood. Most of all people are inclined to abuse this component of the Mediterranean diet. Therefore nutritionists speak not about a minimum, and about a consumption maximum in day - Spaniards tell about consumption no more than one glass (200 ml) white or red dry wine in day. By the way, the driver in Spain can drink so much that blood alcohol content did not exceed the most admissible norm.
And the French doctors urge to be limited at least to three glasses a day (1 glass - 150 ml) as at excess of this norm the boomerang effect - risk of development of other diseases is observed.
If you do not take alcohol, wine can be replaced with grape juice, but its main minus - bigger amount of sugar.
Presently it is simple to keep to the Mediterranean diet in any corner of the world. Remember that the main thing in this diet - the small content of animal fats, high content of food fibers, an omega - 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. And balance of food!
Mediterranean to you health and longevity!