How to replace study with training and to be trained new quickly and effectively?
“ We all studied gradually,
to Something and as - nibud … “
A.S. Pushkin “ Eugene Onegin “
That`s it, to something and as - nibud … It is boring and uninteresting. And today, to succeed in any professional area, it is necessary to study all the time. This statement, I think, does not demand justifications.
I studied at school, technical training college, institute, on tens of various courses. The advantage of it is close to zero, we will forget about efficiency. The general scheme such is - the teacher “ charges extra “ material, and studying (student) owes it as a parrot to repeat. Scheme, of course, exaggerated. As a result - the teacher usually does not understand what he speaks about, the student does not understand even more and if he tries to understand, begins to ask questions which the teacher answers or on very short and regulated practical training (which is carried with the theory in time), or at the end of lecture, (which usually comes to an end with a call). There is no half-life and is spent it is unknown, any more, on what.
It is boring and uninteresting. Leisure Americans even counted - the interested mind acquires from 20 to 500 times more information, than uninterested. By 500 times! Look how many at us in any class of comprehensive school of the interested minds.
And that if - driving in of foreign thoughts - to replace study with training - formation of skills (useful habits). Let`s try …
in essence, study is a type of training. Or self-trainings. One of the first David Kolb who formulated the concept " paid attention to it; training by practice “ which is recognized as a basis of successful training now. He claimed that training
1. begins with arousing interest. Or, in that translation as I read it, from desire to learn.
2. Then accumulation of practical experience follows.
3. Then the standard theory in very squeezed look is given.
4. Further the conclusions which resulted from reflections that leads to creation of new model or the theory follow.
5. Further again there is a stage of arousing interest, active experiment and further improvement.
And so further …
the Swedish expert in the field of training Klas Mellander presents a training cycle in the following form:
1. Motivation: psychological readiness and susceptibility;
2. Information: the facts and data will be transformed to information;
3. Processing: information will be transformed to experience and understanding;
4. Conclusions: moment “ inspirations “ when experience and understanding turn into ability;
5. Application: the knowledge turns into skills and approaches;
6. Feedback: further reflections and improvement.
Other approach to Mellander`s model is a view of training as on the process consisting of four main and two additional stages. As an example we will take process of preparation of an omelet:
1. Emergence of desire: You know what is an omelet, or tried this dish earlier.
2. Collecting the main information: You read the recipe and thought how to prepare an omelet.
3. Collecting additional information: You understand why it is important not to throw a shell from eggs into mix and why oil should not be too hot.
4. To teach result: ready omelet.
5. Judgment of result: the omelet or not, comparison with ideal result turned out. Receiving pleasure or displeasure
6. Embedding in system of vital values: You are interested why it is important to have ingredients of high quality and as an omelet fits into the balanced diet.
the Main stages - the first, the second, the fourth and fifth, additional (they can be, and can not be) - the third and sixth.
Knowledge is only one of results of training. The main thing in the course of training - to receive skills of the solution of problems in a certain area.
At the household level it can look so: training the son or the daughter in driving, you, probably, rely on own experience. But to train, you will not be able to put the knowledge only into words. For the fastest training you, for certain, should show how it becomes …
I still. The main rule which is known by each trainer, but not each teacher. Training process, sorry, of training, goes with a positive reinforcement much quicker, than with negative. Just the criticism will very quickly kill interest, and training will practically stop.