How to learn about the Internet - dependences? It is necessary to recognize
that information revolution bears with itself not only new decisions and opportunities, but also new problems. Scientists even more often speak them recently. So, for example, term “ The Internet - dependence “ arose in the USA still at the end of 80 - x years of the last century. But exactly in recent years tell about it even more often including in our country. Partially the term was borrowed from a lexicon of psychiatrists for simplification of identification of a problem of the Internet by its association with characteristic social and psychological problems.
According to the American scientist Kimberly Young, can be observed from 1 to 10 symptoms which enter the excessive time spent in a network, the increasing concern at stay in the real world, lie or hiding of amount of time spent in a cyberspace or sluggish functioning in the real world. What in turn can cause social isolation, a depression and even disintegration of a family, failure in work. According to experts, dependences are subject to 6% of Internet users. By simple mathematical calculations it turns out that it is about 30 million people.
Researchers of this problem under the term “ The Internet - dependence “ understand a large number of problems of behavior and control over inclinations. The main five types which were allocated in the course of studying:
1. Cybersexual dependence - an insuperable inclination to visit of the pornwebsites and occupation by cybersex.
2. Addiction to virtual acquaintances - redundancy of acquaintances and friends in the Network.
3. Persuasive need for the Network - game in on-line gamblings, continuous purchases or participations in auctions.
4. Information overload (persuasive Web - surfing) - infinite travel on Networks, information search in databases and the search websites.
5. Computer dependence - persuasive game in computer games.
As well as who can have an Internet - dependence? It is wrong to believe that only children and teenagers are located to it. Nadezhda Bolshakova, the film director, the author of the documentary about network dependence at which the computer appeared only in 25 years, speaks: “ I had no normal life before I had no computer and the Internet... I cannot leave in a toilet, I cannot go to parents, I sit all the time, and the need for the Internet is so strong that I can save on bread, but buy some new “ " iron; “.
And it is not the only similar case. In spite of the fact that the Internet is the ideal research tool, students have problems with study because they visit the sites which are not relating to business, hours stir in chats, talk to acquaintances and play interactive games instead of occupations. They have problems with performance of homeworks, preparation for examinations. Very often they cannot control time spent in the Network and therefore do not get enough sleep after the nights spent on the Internet.
Marriages, the relations between parents and children and close friendship also become the victims of the Network. Time spent with real people often there is less time, spent in the society of the computer. In the beginning dependence is shown that instead of occupations by such commonplaces as washing, cleaning or visit of shops, people sit in front of the computer. These daily cares are ignored as well as care of children.
In general as practice shows, the Internet - dependence quite often appears at the adults created people. Though they are often inclined to deny presence at themselves of symptoms of this dependence. Doctor Kimberly Young developed a kind of test which helps to look critically at itself(himself) and to define susceptibility degree the Internet - dependences :
1. Whether you feel the anxious Internet (whether you think about previous it is a line sessions and whether you anticipate the subsequent)?
2. Whether you feel need for increase in time spent in the Network?
3. Whether you had unsuccessful attempts to control, limit or stop use of the Internet?
4. Whether you feel tired, oppressed or angry in attempts to limit or stop use of the Internet?
5. Whether there are you it - a line more, than assumed?
6. Whether you had cases when you risked to receive problems in work, study or in private life from - for the Internet?
7. Whether it happened to family members, doctors or other people to you to lie to hide time of stay in the Network?
8. Whether you use the Internet to leave from problems or from bad mood (for example, with feeling of helplessness, guilt, annoyance or a depression)?
According to the researcher, the patient is considered the Internet - dependent in case of five or more affirmative answers on these questions. And though there are no officially approved criteria for definition of degree of attachment to the Network yet, in many psychiatric clinics and the psychological centers around the world and even in Russia treatment of dependence on the computer and the Internet on an equal basis with a drug addiction is offered today, to alcohol and so on.
The emergence reasons the Internet - dependences are very banal. It is first of all availability of information, including interactive zones and pornographic images; personal control and anonimnost transmitted data; and at last internal feelings which at the subconscious level establish a bigger level of credibility to communication in it - a line. But, the main thing, certainly, anonymity of the user in Networks and the feeling of impunity arising in this regard. All this in total can lead to following to main types the Internet - dependences :
1. Strengthening of various aberrations, lie and even commission of criminal actions like viewing and downloading obscene or at all the forbidden pictures which are widespread on many websites.
2. The virtual world in which the person feels much more comfortably than in real life creates threat for success of real life.
3. Interactive components of a network facilitate creation of cyberdependence which negatively influences the intra family relations and stability of a family per se that first of all conducts to a distance of people in real life.
4. A possibility of creation alternative it is a line of characters, depending on mood and desire of the user that creates an opportunity to leave from the real world with its emotional problems (for example, a stress, a depression, concern), or from simple vital difficulties (abundance of work, a problem in study, sudden unemployment, malfunctions in a family).
Virtual network technologies - as, however, and any other - bear with themselves not only many advantages, but also the whole bouquet of problems unknown hitherto. However progress cannot be stopped, and it is clear that, despite statements of certain technophobes, the virtual reality, anyway, will take the place in our life. Therefore I wish to all inhabitants of the Network to use the reason so that to derive from new achievements of mankind at most of benefit and never to assume that the virtual network reality became us illusory replacement of the real world - the world filled with smells, paints, sounds, feelings and love.