How to teach a parrot to talk?
to me were presented Recently a wavy popugaychik. I, of course, was very glad to a gift, here only one “ HO “: I knew nothing about maintenance, cultivation and training of parrots. First of all I addressed in the Internet, bought a lot of various books for “ teapots “ and it seems understood how to accustom, than to feed when to let out to fly, and on it calmed down.
My tranquility lasted before arrival of the first guests who tried to extend at least one word from my Zhorik. And then told that it at me - wrong that any parrot has to with 2 - x months to talk and that he is an idler. These charges to Zhorki brought me into bewilderment, and I decided to undertake its speech abilities. And again sat down at shtudirovany literatures.
It turned out that wavy popugaychik - one of the most capable “ chatterers “ and the confidential relations are the important prerequisite for training, otherwise it is possible to push away a bird. My friends who said that in 2 months the bird has to speak were right, only at this time it is time to begin to teach its. So that there further? People as “ teachers “ need a sufficient share of patience, and also luck that upon purchase the wavy popugaychik got to them capable to imitation. Well, me not to occupy patience.
Important were also abilities of a bird - it appears, individual colloquial bents can differ. Some wavy popugaychik “ on the fly “ grab a couple of words or short offers, others are more inclined to reproduction of surrounding noise, including voices of surrounding popugaychik or vorobyyov. At one my acquaintance the parrot instead of talking, imitated a cat and that you thought, - mewed! But there are popugaychik which are not capable to an onomatopoeia at all and can make only by nature to them peculiar sounds. And still, the speaking parrot is not the one who just stirs, and that which correctly applies words. For example, when he is hungry, speaks: “ Give squashes “ if, of course, it correctly in it was trained.
So, we will begin.
1. The same person has to train a parrot. It has to be the person to whom the bird trusts and who spends with her much time. It is desirable that it was the child or the woman because the parrot better perceives high pitched voices.
2. When training, as well as when training, it is necessary to treat birds as it is possible more tenderly to get their bigger trust. It is better to begin training when the bird already gets used to you, and sits down on a hand.
3. Parrots - one of the most curious birds therefore in the room there should not be foreign sounds, differently the attention of a bird will dissipate.
4. Training should be provided at certain one o`clock in the afternoon, mainly in the mornings and before giving of a delicacy. One lesson has to last for 10 - 15 minutes in the morning and in the evening, and for 30 - 40 minutes once a week.
5. Training needs to be begun with the elementary words. Every day, especially in the morning before feeding, it is necessary to say loudly, distinctly and an equal voice some one word, for example, a name of a bird. The word is shorter, the it will be easier for your pet. For a start it is necessary to train in the words consisting from 2 - x syllables (his reduced name - " became the first word of my parrot; Zhora “) . The first words in which train a parrot have to have vowels “ and “ or “ about “ from concordants there have to be to, p, r, t. Words in which train a bird have to be told to the place. For example, having entered, it is necessary to speak: “ hi “ leaving, - “ so far “. That the parrot who incidentally took off for an open window leaf had a chance to come back home, it is possible to teach him to say a phone number or your address.
6. The capable bird acquires all words quickly and says them unmistakably. With the speaking parrots it is necessary to be engaged constantly that they developed the abilities. It is not necessary to use at them expressions which you do not want from them to hear.
7. Occupations the bird can write down and include them. It will help to fix already passable material and to make up for lost time. Records need to be included only when it uchitelnakhoditsya in one room with the trained bird, otherwise the parrot will say learned only if in the room there is nobody.
8. It is not necessary to cover a bird with a dark cover during training. The parrot will not concentrate attention, and can fall asleep. Advantage of training without cover is also that you will be able to check attention of a bird. If he often blinks, opens a beak, moves a head or imitates a sound, he listens to your speech!
9. The bird needs to be trained gradually, it is impossible to press and shout at her. Also it is not necessary to offend a bird, she can learn an insult! And then without stopping to repeat it!
Patience to you and persistence, and then your birdie by all means will learn, and you will be proud of it!