How to perform routine inspection of the car? Even those owners of the car who prefer to steer clear of the engine have to know
- both with financial, and from the practical point of view - elementary rules on care of the car, and to observe them, without addressing the mechanic. Every month it is necessary to make routine inspection of the car to avoid breakages.
Note: as cars have constructive distinctions, it is impossible to describe in accuracy, where exactly there is this detail. If you do not know how it looks, you will be helped by the marking which is usually applied on details.
1. Open a cowl. The majority of cars in salon has the corresponding chain, a cable or the lever - most often under a wheel or in a floor near the driver`s seat. Pull for the lever or a chain that the cowl opened. In some cars the locking mechanism is located outside, directly under a cowl. On many cars there is both an internal, and external locking mechanism. Lift a cowl as it is possible above. By one cars the cowl keeps in the lifted state automatically, on others it is necessary to establish the emphasis supporting a cowl in the lifted state. Establish an emphasis so that the cowl reliably kept. Be careful, do not assume that the cowl fell to you.
Note: working under a cowl, you do not smoke, do not light matches, do not allow formation of sparks - in all these cases explosion is possible.
2. Check oil level. Level of oil is measured by the probe - a long and thin core. Take out the probe and properly rub off it a rag. Again enter it into a nest as it is possible more deeply and take out. Now you can look at the level of oil and define whether it is necessary to add oil. As a rule, it is necessary to add one - two liters. You do not bring the car to such state to add more than two liters of oil, - you risk to damage the car. At shortage less than one liter oil is not added. If it is required to add oils, unscrew a cover at the top of the engine with marking “ " Oil; also pour in the necessary quantity. It is the best of all to add oil of that brand which is recommended by producers of the car. It is possible to learn about it in the book describing the car.
3. Check cooling liquid in a radiator. For check of a cooler (antifreeze) switch off the engine and wait until it cools down. In new cars the tank with cooling liquid is made of transparent material so you can define at once whether it is necessary to add cooling liquid. In cars of old brands, perhaps, it is necessary to unscrew a cover of a radiator and to check liquid level. Track that the level of liquid was between marks of a maximum and a minimum. If level is lower than minimum, mix in half antifreeze and water, and pour in mix in a capacity opening.
4. Check liquid level in system of automatic switching of speeds. Level of this liquid is measured as well as the level of oil, - the probe. The car has to be with the working engine (to stand on the emergency brake) warmed (you should not check a transmission and a radiator of cooling at the same time). Take out the probe, wipe a rag and insert back. Again take out the probe and look whether pinkish color and transparency has liquid. If liquid with bubbles, the car needs
survey of the expert. Then check liquid level. If level low, add liquid of the recommended brand to system. With manual switching the mechanic has to check a transmission.
5. Check brake fluid. Brake fluid is in the small tank with a stopper or with a cover. Remove a stopper to check liquid. In the book with the description of the car it is reported how to estimate its level. If level is lower than demanded, add liquid. However be convinced that you add the corresponding type of liquid; its brand is designated or on a tank cover, or is reported in the description of the car.
6. If the car has the power steering, check liquid level in it. Find the tank with liquid and uncover. The cover can be made in the form of the probe, and then it is easier to define how many liquid should be added. Add liquid if it is necessary, and again screw up a cover.
7. Check liquid level for washing of a windshield. As well as cooling system liquid, it usually is in the transparent tank. The concrete volume of this liquid does not make a reservation as it does not influence safety of the car. If it is necessary, fill up the tank.
8. Check the accumulator. The majority of new accumulators let out in tight execution, and their check is impossible so you are relieved of these efforts. If you have an accumulator of an old sample, unscrew traffic jams of the elements which are above (usually them there are four or six), and check whether there is in elements a liquid. If it does not cover metal plates in elements, add in water elements.
Note: water has to be distilled. It is impossible to use usual tap water for these purposes. As a rule, the term of operation of the rechargeable battery makes from three to five years, and then the accumulator is changed.