How to steer the car at strong fog?
Driving - in principle the difficult occupation interfaced to safety, and in bad weather conditions and at all become a problem. What needs to be considered at a trip in fog? Let`s try to understand.
1. Light. How many time noticed whether negligence, whether nonsense, whether simply slowness of the drivers moving in the afternoon with marker lights in strong fog. Really it is not clear that the approaching car it is not visible? Include the neighbor (this, by the way, obligatory requirement of traffic regulations at the movement out of settlements), and the driving beam and fog lights are better. You it has to be visible from the greatest possible distance. At night, by the way, the driving beam is not recommended to be turned on as it “ cuts “ fog, doing it to the most dense. But also it is not necessary to lower headlights as much as possible down too. It is quite enough passing beam in strong fog.
2. At the movement it is often not visible ahead of the going car. If on your car the back fog lamp is provided - include it. Respect drivers of the cars following you especially as your safety also is connected with it.
3. The movement in fog has to be a miscellaneous day and night. It is necessary to keep closer to the center of the road at night, and in the afternoon - to a roadside. The reason is simple: at night you, anyway, see light of the coming cars and can leave aside at their direct approach, and at the same time the risk of departure on a roadside decreases (which most often represents dirt). In the afternoon of light of headlights it is almost not visible, and there is a risk of a head-on collision (because most of drivers “ go “ on axial).
4. How to go? As a rule, at night (especially at night) drivers are guided by the line of a marking and move along it. The best way is not the movement along a marking, and the movement on the direction of a marking. Many drivers look at a marking at the car in close proximity. It is wrong. Strongly the viewing angle decreases, it is impossible to move with a high speed. Try to arrive differently: you look not at well visible line before a car, and at the central marking only leaving fog. Thus, the review considerably increases, and you see the direction of the movement in advance. Using this way, I managed to reach the speed of 140 km/h in fog and to react quickly to a road situation.
5. How to sit? Constantly I notice how many drivers come off a back of a chair and nestle on glass, trying to make out a situation. It is a mistake. In - the first, because, that you on 40 cm will approach glass, you it is better to see you will not become, and here in case of need acceptances of emergency measures - you will not be able effectively to make it any more (you remember that the pose of the driver influences traffic safety).
6. Sometimes even in fog it is required to make overtaking. It is easier to make it at night - again - the approaching vehicle is visible. In the afternoon a signal and light of headlights, and also the included turn beforehand warn ahead the going car about your intention to make overtaking. Having begun evolution, include an emergency signal and accompany maneuver with a blinking a driving beam - it will allow to warn counter transport about overtaking.
7. If the road is not familiar to you - signs will be the best assistants. You will understand when the road extends when it is narrowed where dangerous turn and where a fork.
8. A stop on the route. In - the first, it is desirable not to stop even on a roadside (on the road it is forbidden at all!) find congress or wider roadside (such places much, and even in fog they can be considered). In - the second, never turn off a passing beam (or distant) and marker lights. Believe, one included “ emergency signals “ there is not enough.
Anyway, be attentive. Remember that fog is the increased danger. Do not risk once again. Good luck on roads!