What palace is called “the Hungarian Versailles“? Fertyod of
In the 16th century to very few people the famous Bratislava nobleman, or if more precisely, pozhonskiya, such name was carried by the city fulfilling at that time duties of the Hungarian capital … Generally, that to confuse nobody - business so was. Ferenc Zakharzi decided to replace a surname. And in the word and the business there was it the person firm. Solved and - changed safely.
And what? You never know who, when and for what reason changes a surname?. Hardly this fact from Ferenc`s biography would remain in the annals of the European history if not his nice descendants who much made in order that many centuries later the new surname of the pozhonsky nobleman remained very famous.
Someone from us loves sweet, someone - not really, but buys cake by a holiday almost all. Well, and who does not buy, that, as a rule, bakes it. And that before guests not to make a booboo before from a kitchen locker to get flour, and from the refrigerator - milk, sour cream or cream, not a sin previously and in what thick book with recipes to glance. Who did it moreover if not once, that has to remember that there is such … Well, och - chen a tasty cake with an original name - Esterkhazi`s .
Professional confectioners say that not who other as the prince Pal Antal Esterkhazi was the author of this recipe. The Austrian military figure, the field marshal who founded music school in Kishmartona (present Ayzenshtadt).
But today - not about it. About his younger brother - Mikloshe Josef who got the nickname “Magnificent“ still during lifetime. And not just like that received. The smoke without fire, as a rule, does not happen!
Well, you see, as still it is possible to call the person whose character completely corresponded to its informal motto: “Everything that Kayser does well, I have to make even better!“. Also did. The benefit, means allowed. The prince was not “a one of most“, and the richest of all Hungarian noblemen of that time. So was able to afford … Not only what exclusively European monarchs, but also moreover were able to afford. What they even did not dream of.
Here, apparently, what was not enough for it? Was in an entail property of Esterkhaz, built in 1720 still by father - Yozhef Esterkhazi - the hunting lock: 20 rooms, 2 ceremonial halls in three months built whom there … Famous Vienna architect Anton Erhard Martinelli.
Well, what else?! From good of good, as it is known … No. At Miklosh has to be not just good. Or the best there. The best has to! That in all Hungary, at least, it is more at anybody.
And made! And, in record time. Only three years - from 1763 to 1766 - proceeded construction as a result of which it was succeeded to create an architectural pearl, and today considered as the biggest and most beautiful palace of Hungary in Baroque style. Esterkhazi`s palace . Or, as its began to call almost right after completion of construction and continue to call still - “the Hungarian Versailles“ .
The hunting lock seriously was reconstructed and expanded at the expense of lateral buildings, a horseshoe captured an internal court yard which center decorated the huge fountain with sculptures of a dolphin and cherubs. On a main entrance of visitors of the palace struck the created in 1764 - 66, most likely, by Melchior Hefele, shod gate by right relating to masterpieces of forge art. On the columns dividing separate parts a collar as a guard of honor there were carved stone vases in style of rococo.
Over a main entrance to the palace the balcony supported by pair columns on which it is possible to get on the two-mid-flight pandusny ladder ornated by lamps, statues and an original shod handrail settled down.
In the building 126 were equipped (!) rooms. And what! One is better and richer another.
On the first floor rooms for rest, the summer dining room and, perhaps, the most beautiful room of the palace - the hall for receptions were located. Issued in the Italian style, he reminds a grotto which floor is laid out by white marble slabs. In tone to it - walls, part for contrast tinted by the soft, calming an eye greens. On a vaulted ceiling mythological plots and the dancing angels in whose hands flower garlands in the form of a family monogram of a family of Esterkhazi - a Latin letter “E“ are represented.
Here, on the first floor, it is possible to admire Johann Rossler`s sculptures established in a banquet room.
Fine frescos of Josef Mildorfer, one of those many Vienna painters - academicians who by Miklosh Esterkhazi`s invitation worked in the palace remained in the lock also, making out its interior. On a ceiling of the ceremonial hall, for example, Apollo on the chariot on which from where look - feeling all the same at it as if leaving directly the sky is represented, the chariot rushes directly on you, threatening to plunge literally in only a few seconds face downwards and in flat pancake to roll on a sex of the careless visitor …
But impression is deceptive. Four sculptures representing seasons as stood more than two centuries ago on hall corners and today - in an integrity and safety. The chariot of terrible Greek god did not crumple and did not crush them.
And it is only a few rooms from those 126 that were richly decorated in style of rococo and are arranged with magnificent furniture, gobelins, hours, the Venetian mirrors and pictures from an extensive collection of the prince.
However, the Golden Age of “the Hungarian Versailles“ lasted not for long. In 1790 Miklosh Esterkhazi died. His descendants moved to the main family estate - Kishmarton (Ayzenshtadt) , having transported the most part of pictures, furniture, luxury goods there. And the palace in Esterkhaz was almost left to the mercy of fate. Its rooms used as warehouses, stables. In the building of the palace during World War II the hospital was located. And, as the sad, but quite predicted result - almost full loss of the interiors which were once pride not only Miklosha “Magnificent“.
But … Not everything is as bad as it seems. In 1958, after careful restoration, Esterkhazi`s palace which restored the majestic shape opened the shod gate before visitors again. In 2004 the manor “endured“ one more grandiose repair during which restorers blocked all roof of the main building and extensions, restored system of heating, replaced windows. So today “the Hungarian Versailles“, perhaps, is even better and more majestic, than was at the prince Mikloshe.
Only it is not necessary to look for on the map of Hungary of the settlement of “Esterkhaz“. In 1950, after its association with the village of Shyuttyora, at the estate other name. Fertyod .
And Fertyod, it... Literally two steps away from Sopron. 25 kilometers on Hugo - the East from “the most medieval“ the cities of Hungary.
So if suddenly someone will once get in West - the Zadunaysky region … Well, you never know?! It is impossible to pass at all by the small Hungarian village of Fertyod in which and inhabitants - that … Only 3 thousand. But believe, Fertyod costs if not a mass then to stop and see magnificent “Hungarian Versailles“. A picture is worth a thousand words …