Church for the sake of Blessed Virgin Mary`s icon “ All grieving pleasure “. Whether there was a memory on the Kamenolomenny rock?
Church for the sake of Blessed Virgin Mary`s icon “ All grieving pleasure “ as well as the temple of Saint Nikolay which is located in vicinities of Sevastopol in the lower and middle part of the Monastery rock was the monument which fell in bloody Inkermansky battle of 1854. The decision on its construction was made in 1903. The building attached to the Kamenolomenny rock made a uniform complex with the cave Saint church of Sofia which is cut down in this rock still in the ancient time. Restored and built it the whole world: from every quarter of the Russian Empire there were donations - money, church utensils, etc. of
the Author of the project of restoration old and constructions of the new temple there was A. M. Veyzen. The architect projected a lot of things from what was constructed in Sevastopol in commemoration 50 - the anniversaries of heroic defense of 1854 - 1855. In general all city in the XX century was built up, generally according to those tendencies which were planned by the Master plan of 1910 created by A. M. Veyzen and the architect of the Sevastopol gradonachalstvo G. N. Dolin.
The church building for the sake of Blessed Virgin Mary`s icon “ All grieving pleasure “ Veyzena managed to be turned into a small romantic masterpiece. Unexpectedly harmonious connection of the Byzantine style and a gothic style, appear, existed out of time - eternally as memory about fallen. The church as if itself grew under the rock, carefully covered with her stone palm.
The cave temple for the sake of Blessed Virgin Mary`s icon “ All grieving Pleasure “ it is consecrated on September 27, 1905 during celebration 50 - summer anniversary of the Sevastopol defense. In church were an image of all bodies which were taking part in Inkermansky battle. On blessing of the bishop Tavrichesky and the Simferopol Alexy to a mass grave Religious procession was made, memorial services for the soldiers who died for belief, the tsar and the Fatherland were served here. The temple for the sake of an icon of the Mother of God " was lit; All grieving Pleasure “ that where the Virgin is represented in an environment of everything, resorting to her help: “ The Assistant to an esa obidimy, not hoping a nadeyaniye, poor the defender, sad a consolation, thirsty for kormitelniyets, nude an attire, patients healing, guilty rescue... “ Dvukhpristolny church for the sake of Blessed Virgin Mary`s icon “ All grieving Pleasure “ it was attributed to the St. Nicholas Admiralty Cathedral in Sevastopol.
On September 17, 1911 the church was visited by the emperor Nicholas II with daughters. On a marble slab they left the signatures. The collage made in the Inkermansky monastery already today includes a family photo of one more representative of House of Romanovs. On it the Grand duke Alexander Mikhaylovich, Nicholas I`s grandson, the chairman of committee on restoration of monuments of the Sevastopol defense is depicted with a family. He supervised construction of monuments and temples.
On July 12, 1928 the temple for the sake of Blessed Virgin Mary`s icon “ All grieving Pleasure “ it was closed, and during the Great Patriotic War it is destroyed. On a twist of fate and for quite objective reasons the ancient cave Saint church of Sofia suffered a little. And there is no found modernist style era extension any more. Black failures - all this that remained from church for the sake of an icon of the Mother of God “ All grieving pleasure “.