How to secure the data when using of the Internet?
In the modern world many use the computer whether but many care for its protection? Actually not really many.
At conversation with the person concerning incorrect display of the website long found out, than he looks through it. Found out: on a start label sinenky e . What in that case to tell about all his other knowledge?
So: you have a computer, connection with the Internet.
protection is subdivided into two global blocks: ON, guarding the computer, and safe surfing on a network.
1. Establish a painted wall (it is a firewall). Main function: blocking of your computer from malefactors. At the same time, if you use HR, it is desirable to disconnect the built-in painted wall. He concedes on functionality to others and creates false illusion of safety.
2. Establish an antivirus. In the modern world they are rather developed from the technical point of view and provide a wide range of protection. The main thing - to remember: under no circumstances not to put two antiviruses. They will clash, and is so strong that will outdo any virus.
3. Check the hosts file. In it malefactors can add several lines and when calling on your favourite resource you will get on the false website. In this file it is specified that 121. 0. 0. 1 is a local resource.
4. There is such thing in the computer as the register and the program allowing to work with it - regedit. exe. For greater safety it is better to have a backup copy of this file, as well as other programs. Subsequently it is possible to determine by discrepancy of the sizes whether there was their damage.
5. Also I can recommend to use the built-in utility: netstat. It is started from a command line which is caused by the following cmd team. The utility allows to look through the Internet - connections.
6. It is also possible to watch network loading. If you see increasing return / acceptance and you know that at the same time you do nothing, so unauthorized access or return of information is provided.
7. It is timely to put patches and updates of those appendices which you use. They are directed to closing of various vulnerabilities.
As for the surfing in a network:
1. For viewing of the websites it is desirable to use not really widespread browsers. They are seldom used therefore in them look for vulnerabilities a little.
2. Disconnect Java (though hardly agree - the majority modern a web - pages will look poorly and navigation will become complicated) and use of unsigned ActiveX - elements. Also turn off reception of cookies from all resources (then you will register manually to what websites it is authorized).
3. Attentively you look at the name of a domain name as the phishing (substitution of the websites) is possible.
4. Not to open unknown investments in post letters, and it is even better - not to open letters from unknown addressees at all. There are viruses, a structure the reminding html - pages.
5. If you use the messengers ICQ, Qip, Miranda and others, do not go according to references from the unknown interlocutor and do not accept from him files.
6. Do not neglect use of safe connection
Information security - it is quite extensive subject for talk.
In this review article only the main safety issues are raised, but, nevertheless, it is possible, some problems were unknown for you.
Successful to you surfing.