How to involve the child in joint creativity? Dialogues about a fulling. Part 1
the Main thing in involvement of the child to any kind of activity - not persistence. As if strangely it sounded. Maria Montessori`s principle “ Help me to make it “ it is eternal as also children`s questions are eternal: “ And what it you do? And I can do too so? “ I set them to the granny when she did needlework, my children try to find out at me, and in many decades and their grandsons will ask: “ And what it you do? “ Also dialogue of eternity continues, and indulgent adult is distributed again: “ Of course, it is possible, watch how it becomes … “ And in reply enthusiastic children`s: “ Ooh, you! Let`s me try too, most! “ Also creativity in four hands …
will continue Evening. I comfortably settled with the next order in a chair, the needle about foam rubber rustles, the image of a new toy is already shown. In the neighboring room something is violently discussed by my younger four-year-old son and the niece of five years thrown by young parents. Discussion passes into an amicable cry, and to me Anka jumps out.
- And what you do it? - eyes already burn, handles reaches for a needle and wool. I understand that work on the ordered hare should be postponed temporarily, and I answer a question.
- I drag! - the voice sounds is rather proud, but the baby takes of me an amazed look.
- you Roll? But you sit, the aunt Alyona! - puzzly Anyuta shrugs shoulders.
- to Sege and in - and - l - I - yu, - smile in reply, already knowing what will follow it.
- And how it you drag? And whom? And a needle to you what for? - a hail questions pour. With a sigh having postponed implementation of the order, I get a lock of not colored nepryadeny wool (“ sliver “ on - scientific) and the safe device for a fulling together with a mat - a brush. We already passed it, younger tried to find out too until first cat felted with my help.
- Here you see, Anechka, is a hair sheep, nepryadeny, it in threads woolen was not remade, here from it I also drag. If in a different way to tell - I work in equipment filtsnadel. - The unknown word does not make any impression, she by all means should understand, for some reason, what I do, is called “ fulling “. I think of terminology while Ania fingers wool and tries to stick into it with the device with needles. Naturally, it is impossible to it - I did not remove blocking yet. I put a mat - a brush on a children`s table, I put from above a lock of wool and I click a safety lock, in passing explaining safety measures.
- Here you see, An, on tips of these five needles - cloves small? They pass through fibers of a hair and mix up them. The longer you will stick with needles (to drag), the stronger the hair will be mixed the dense lump, felt (will be felted) and will turn out.
- Well, so I will not drag, and to stick! - the niece is surprised to aunty`s ignorance.
- the Fulling is just the word such, from last times still. Then wool was remade in a different way in felt - it was scratched, and then soaped, turned and dragged directly legs or hands, rolled on the ground or on a table. Needles began to mix up already later, and the word remained the same.
- Here listen - va - flax - ki. Wa - la - scientific research institute. Words are similar? - I am proud of myself very much, without expecting anything bad yet. The child quickly and childly professionally nonpluses me.
- And what, they too a needle are dragged? Or needles are soaped soap? - sincerely the girl is perplexed. Here comes to the rescue of me synulya.
- Mothers, I want to drag too! Let`s go to a bathroom! In the same place still there were balls for beads woolen? - the son pulls me by a hand. Having a presentiment that evening will work well wonderfully well and thinking in what then to change clothes of children, I give in and I go with them to a bathroom. In a bathroom I discover very warm water, I get from a shelf a jar with the made soap flakes and a bowl with woolen balls - preparations for a beads. The son soaps a bead and rolls in palms, and Ania imitates him.
- And what we do it? - the girl is interested nevertheless.
- We drag! - the cousin answers it important, with skill. The little sister looks at it, then on me - absolutely confused the poor girl!
And I, having sat down on edge of a bathtub, I begin the story about how in old - predavny times once upon a time there were people, grazed sheep, and passed from a pasture to a pasture for gluttonous pets - wandered from place to place, so and nicknamed them - nomads. They lived then in huts from branches and trunks of young trees, sometimes covering them with skins of sheep and sorting every time and bringing together them upon transition to other place.
Already it is unknown when there was the first felt, but in a legend it is told that one night when nomads already sheared wool from sheep, but yet did not manage to throw out it far away, the strong thunder-storm began, and they, having abandoned everything, got into huts, shaking with fear and the cold weather which got wet and tired. Next morning, hardly there ascended the sun, nomads got out of shelters and found out that there is no wool, - wind carried away it somewhere far. Only in several days there was a huge roll hooked for stones in the steppe. The suitable shepherds developed a roll and saw that wool was felted in felt - dense and extraordinary thick cloth. Nomads hanged out it on huts for drying, and here suddenly the rain went again. The people who got in the covered huts understood that felt does not pass water! They made fire, were warmed and welded food. The smoke left in the opening on a hut top which is not closed by felt.
There were years, decades, centuries - other people learned about extraordinary properties of wool to fall down, learned to do of hat felt, valenoks and many other things. Valenoks and hats drag almost also, only in a final stage dress a product on a block of the necessary size. And in our times valenoks can be bought, they at factories are done and hats woolen, felt still popular.
While I told the fairy tale, the people were engaged in business, soap rolled balls in palms, periodically washing away and again soaping beads. It is clear, that both wetted through fairly, it is necessary to change clothes.
- Oh, and my bead became less, than those which in a pan lie! - scaredly Ania looks at me. I calm her, explaining that from hot water and washed wool to become less, gives “ shrinkage “. The son was already bothered by a fulling, he washes hands and cries out that changed clothes of it - machines were tired of waiting already! Anyutka to whom just machines bothered for all day, having changed clothes in dry, again sticks to me.
- The aunt Alyona, and I still want to roll! - takes seat for a little table and expectantly so looks at me.
- is good, but you decide what you want to make. Think up, and then it will be clear what simple form you should felt, - I already reconciled to what a hare it is necessary to complete late evening.
- I want to felt the girl, then I will present to the father! And that it “ simple " form;? - the plemyashka jumps up on a stool. Patiently I explain (otherwise will not lag behind) that “ idle time “ call that form with which the fulling begins. For the head of the girl it is a ball, for a trunk - “ cucumber “ oval, for hands and legs - “ sausages “ woolen. Together we divide wool into several parts, then it begins work, and I show, it is far better to stick needles. The device is not pleasant to it, the volume and the truth turns out rather badly, and I, reluctantly, show working methods from the Japanese fildts - a needle.
To my great simplification the child never sticks a needle to itself in a finger, accurately understands that it is necessary to enter and remove a needle under the same corner and fast so knocks down the girl. Having skeptically inspected a masterpiece, the young needlewoman runs away to the nursery from where several minutes draft shouts and promises " are distributed; to play treasures and the jungle “. I take a doll in hand, I correct connections of details a little, I fix by a koronchaty needle a mouth - a smile and eyes, and I remember other dialogue a fulling, in park.