What did the Kadashyovsky settlement become famous for?
the Kadashyovsky settlement once was one of the most beautiful places of Zamoskvorechye. Many Muscovites and guests of the capital repeatedly went on small streets of the Kadashyovsky settlement, though did not guess it. All is very simple, in the territory of the former settlement there is the well-known Tretyakov gallery.
The village of Kadashyovo is mentioned in the spiritual testament of the grand duke Ivan III to the son Vasily in 1504. To the middle of the 17th century the Kadashyovsky settlement (Kadasha) became one of the largest shopping and craft centers of Zamoskvorechye. It occupied the territory opposite to the Kremlin between a hundredfold Moskva River, the Polyansky market, streets Ordynka, Nikolaev and Yakimanka. In the neighbourhood with it Golutvinskaya, Streletsky and Cossack settlements were located.
Historically the church was the center of any settlement. In Kadashakh it is Church of the Resurrection. It is curious that it held a specific place in hierarchy of the Moscow temples. It was expressed that its bells began to call at once behind bells of the Kremlin and monastic cathedrals, and already then had the right “ to be connected “ bells of other Zamoskvoretsky churches.
Rapid growth of the settlement was promoted by the fact that at the beginning of the 17th century the monarchic Hamovny yard making linen fabrics for imperial use was created here. There lived weavers, seamstresses, embroideresses, various handicraftsmen working for the imperial yard. As monarchic handicraftsmen were not taxed, violently also trade began to develop here. It was promoted also by a successful arrangement of the settlement through which or near it there passed paths on the South and Hugo - the East, not without reason one of streets adopted the name Ordynka from the road.
In 1658 the tsar Alexey Mikhaylovich began construction in Kadashakh of a large factory complex for the Hamovny yard. It resembled the monastery enclosed with powerful walls behind which two-storeyed weaver`s cases, various craft and economic constructions settled down superficially. During the first rule of Peter I when Moscow was prepared just in case for defense against troops of the Swedish king, a tower and a wall of the Hamovny yard built on and established on them guns. But Kadasham this time was not necessary to do some fighting.
Probably to Petr something this place attracted, he placed in Kadashakh Shkolu of navigatsky and marine sciences, and then and the Mint. Exactly here minted new Petrovsky coins which went for the maintenance of fleet therefore also a mint called Admiralty. By the way, on this yard minted well-known “ borodovy signs “ which were given in the certificate on payment of a tax on a beard.
At the beginning of the 18th century linen production was transferred from Kadashey to Preobrazhenskoye. By 1713 palace settlements were liquidated by Pyotr, and their population is transferred to the category of merchants, handicraftsmen and petty bourgeoises. In the first half of the 18th century the Kadashyovsky settlement began to get modern look. After cancellation of a Petrovsky ban on stone construction construction of estates of the Moscow nobility and rich merchants began here. Gradually began to demolish the decayed Hamovny yard which structures sorted, and used a brick for construction of the embankment, the Drainage channel and repair of Kamenny Bridge. At the beginning of the XIX century on the place of the Hamovny yard houses were already under construction.
Many houses built during this period remained up to now. Unfortunately, already presently to shape Kadasha struck irreparable blow. Multystoried building began here in Soviet period, but in 1973 Kadasha entered the list of reserved zones in the center of Moscow. From now on to 90 - x years new construction, except expansion of Tretyakov gallery, here was practically not conducted, and what was built, coordinated with shape of the existing building. In recent years began “ dot building “ there were new buildings from glass and concrete which defiled, it is difficult to pick up other word, the image of the ancient Moscow settlement. They literally suppress the bulks small noble and merchant residences. If proceeds so, then originality of Zamoskvorechye can be seen only in old photos and pictures of artists.
Fortunately, there are still enthusiasts seeking to keep the remains of color old Kadasha, to inform of his history and true shape descendants. In 2004 in Kadashakh at Church of the Resurrection the parish museum of local lore " was created; Kadashevsky settlement “. In many respects it became possible thanks to selfless activity of the prior of the temple of the archpriest Alexander Saltykov. The objects found in the course of repair and recovery work in the territory of the temple became the first exhibits of the new museum. Many objects to the museum offered parishioners of the temple - it is ancient books, icons, household objects, coins, photos etc. So far more than 3 thousand historical relics from which about 500 are exposed in an exposition are stored in the museum.
If you are in Zamoskvorechye, visit Kadashakh, admire while it is still possible, old estates, pass on the few from remained not spoiled to lanes, come into Church of the Resurrection and, of course, visit Tretyakov gallery.