To what and how to learn to school?
“ To us in school only in a year. Recently some strange started going to preparation, tasks there: to draw that, to draw it … To the child already, it is felt, bothers. With horror we try to present what will be at school. And it is possible to leave preparation, and from the first class it is already impossible. What in general preparation for school has to consist in in what its sense? “ All children different, with the features, own individual speed and intensity of development therefore with one child it is necessary to say more, another to listen to
more, with the third to run and jump, and the fourth to learn to sit on minutes and to work attentively. Depending on needs of the child and formation of these or those skills of the child. All development of the child from the birth till 6 - 7 years becomes, thus, some kind of preparation for school: everything that the child knows and is able to school, there surely it is useful to him. All you teach the child to, and, above all - to what he will learn in the early childhood itself, will return a hundredfold. Though there are also other views of this problem: one consider that the child should be trained since three years, others - in the last year to school.
As a rule, the preparation courses passing now at many schools for a shestiletok, carry out, on the one hand, fact-finding, and with another - “ leveling “ function. Children have an opportunity to get acquainted with school, with teachers, with school system, such other than sadovsky. The first that is noted for themselves by future first graders, often appears: at school they do not sleep! This thesis often lays down in justification of the desire to go to school. The leveling function consists that parents and the child have an opportunity to compare the skills and abilities to skills and abilities of other children and to tighten what lags behind a little. However here it is important not to be overzealous, not to train the child, not to demand excessive only because “ other children are already able it “ to give to the child the chance to have satisfaction from made, reached and only then to pass to something new more difficult. The purpose always has to be on a short step ahead, but at the same time to be achievable, to correspond to opportunities. It is so impossible to demand from the child who recently learned letters, high technology of reading, it will come, but later, over time. So far it is better for reached to rejoice and to support belief in the opportunities in the child. It is necessary to remember that at the child who endured failure the desire to study decreases, interest to new, unfamiliar decreases, so, training process is at a loss.
It is possible to try “ to draw “ a portrait of the first grader, not ready to school, and, making a start from it, to solve to what and how to learn to school. The data submitted by various researchers allow to reveal the following, the most striking traits “ portrait “:
• excessive playfulness (speak about such children usually: “ did not play enough “);
• insufficient independence (mainly concerns basic skills of self-service: fastening of buttons, setting of laces, use of a toilet and so forth) ;
• inability to communicate with peers (often happens a consequence of the hyper sponsoring education of parents);
• difficulty of contacts with unfamiliar adults (resistant unwillingness to contact);
• inability to concentrate on a task, difficulty of perception of verbal or other instruction (low level of formation of strong-willed processes);
• low level of knowledge of world around, inability to make an oboshcheniye, to classify, mark out similarity, distinction;
• bad development of thinly coordinate movements of a hand, visually - motor koordination (inability to perform various graphic tasks, to manipulate small objects);
• insufficient development of any memory;
• a delay of speech development (it can be both the wrong pronunciation, and a poor lexicon, and inability to put the thoughts into words and so forth)
As a rule, these “ shortcomings “ the child are not single, and meet in a complex that considerably complicates adaptation to school and further training. Therefore a task of parents - as soon as possible to note weak places and to help the child to meet the corresponding lacks, it is important not to leave the child in private with the arising difficulties, joint efforts are always more productive.