What history and the future legendary Xin - a stone?
the Blue - a stone - a surprising boulder that there are near Pleshcheev lakes and are significant sight of the ancient Russian city of Pereslavl-Zalessky. The first settlers of local lands were from Ugra - the Finnish tribe merya. More than two thousand years ago they came to them, considered as Saints and located.
And Xin - the stone found at hill top at North - east coast of the lake was worshipped since considered as a receptacle of sacred spirit, made to it a sacrifice in the form of fish, decorated with flowers and tapes, drove round dances. To bring closer the esteemed object to the heavenly sphere, increased the hill and erected it on new height. The Slavs who came later shared meryansky belief, having started own tradition of worship of a wonderful stone on the hill nicknamed the Yariliny bald patch and recognized as attribute of this god.
However, some researchers claim that the traces of Slavic runes found on a boulder demonstrate that it is Perunov a stone, but we will not get into argument about it, having left the solution of a question to experts. The main thing - force of fulfillment of desires and expectations of sufferers was attributed to it.
After a hristianization of Russia Xin - the stone to which locals continued to worship was damned, and their ceremonies are convicted as sinful. In 1152 it was dumped from the “ throne place “. But it did not stop pilgrimage. On the hill built an Orthodox church which, however, burned down, without having staid also hundred years.
According to the legend, in the 13th century on its place princely chambers of Alexander Yaroslavich (Alexander Nevsky) who owned Pereslavl were constructed. Then the hill also received the name which remained up to now: Alexandrov mountain. However, and this construction long did not stay, just as the monastery erected subsequently after death of the prince.
In the chronicle of the 16th century it appears: “ Byst in a hail Pereslavl a stone for Boris and Gleb in a boyarka, in it be installed the demon, creating dreams and applying to itself is Pereslavl people: husbands and wives and their children and razsevy hearts on a holiday of great Supreme apostles Pyotr and Pavel. And they to its slushakh and to it stechakhusya from a year a year, and a tvoryakh to it honor “.
At the beginning of the 17th century on command of the most influential Rostov monk Irinarkh, as if prompted to it by Vasily Shuysky, the deacon Anufry (or Onufry) dug out a huge hole and (hardly individually, 12 tons to weight were in “ condemned “) dumped in it “ stone demon “ also dug, pritoptav the place of burial and having covered it with the turf.
In fifteen years, strangely enough, the suicide bomber suddenly seemed from the earth. Again there the people stretched with the requests and entreaties for the help. One and a half centuries priests thought how to be, and at last decided to place the pighead under an orthodox belltower, having used as the base that for church in the Dukhovsky settlement.
Winter of 1788 it was shipped not without effort on the wood sledge and carried according to the frozen Pleshcheev to the lake, however ice burst, and the stone left under water on depth of five meters. But further it was even more surprising. Attentive fishermen noticed that “ drowned man “ moves on a bottom. So proceeded until it got out on the coast, and to spring of 1850 reached the bottom of the hill.
What is represented by this block today? It is a roundish boulder of the extended form as speak to geology, a glacial origin, with different indicators of radiation level on opposite extremities. On breed it is carried to fine-grained quartz biotitovy slate. It never becomes covered by snow (snowflakes instantly thaw), sometimes shines blueness at night. The blue - a stone at all not always has the shade which gave it the name. More often it gray, but if to water from the lake, will turn blue. And still blue to it is added by the bright morning sun.
Today the movement of a unique boulder continues, but now it moves towards the lake and leaves under the earth over which it is visible already on only 20 - 30 cm. And according to the mythology put by the people around phenomenal object before approach of prosperity for Russia it towers, before disaster - vanishes.
As far as it is right to judge not to us. The church considers that Xin - a stone from divine grace hides, without maintaining force of prayers. Materialistic explanations include the reference to fenny coast of Pleshcheev of the lake, wind and a current in the lake, geomagnetic fields. Too, of course, did not do without space version, as well as without pour - lines, i.e. crossing of power streams. But there is no exact knowledge yet.
Pilgrims and tourists decorate with ribbons the next tree, throw coins to a stone, sit down on it and... break away pieces since it is considered that pounded in powder, it cures of all diseases. As if did not carry on crumbs!
... A blue - the stone leaves. But maybe, will return?
About other moving stones it is possible to read here.