What it is necessary to know about inoculations?
1. Consult with the doctor about need of an inoculation. Inform the doctor on the chronic sores, temporary indispositions and an allergy.
2. Be convinced that such inoculation to you was not done recently. If you (or your child) often move from place to place, throw out or lose medical records and extracts from maternity hospital - write down when and what inoculations you already received.
3. All inoculations become in advance that the organism had time for formation of specific immunity. That is, if the flu epidemic already began, and you suddenly decided to do vaccination - can not fuss, late drink Borjomi any more. For this purpose, that there was an immunity, at least 2 - 3 weeks are necessary. The same concerns also other inoculations including those which become the person interested to leave to the tropical and exotic countries. If you do not want to pick up same “ hot and exotic “ illness (as a rule, for this purpose, to pick up some muck, it is not even necessary to try especially, it is enough to drink not boiled water, to eat local delicacies or most to become food for mosquitoes) - consult at the expert in advance and also in advance do vaccination.
4. You pass vaccination only in a healthy look. Even such, at first sight, small and insignificant indispositions as cold or a slight cold, and especially temperature or any acute disease or an exacerbation of a chronic illness, can complicate considerably restoration of an organism after an inoculation and immunity development. Both the small indisposition, and an illness, and an allergy to protein are contraindications for any inoculation. Be convinced that you (or your child) have no contraindications for carrying out vaccination. Of course, there is a plan of inoculations - and the school nurse can convince you or the child that vaccination is absolutely safe and is carried out by all and at the same time. But it is better to quarrel with the nurse (and it is even better - to talk and agree) and in case of an indisposition of the child to do vaccination for few weeks later (or not to make it in general), than to receive complications after vaccination.
5. Be convinced that the vaccine expiration date did not expire yet. And in general, that (or to your child) do you that inoculation which was appointed by the doctor. Doctors and nurses - too people, and at them are the problems, an illness and the distracting moments. And your health, by and large, is necessary for you - here and be not too lazy to glance in this miracle - medicine which (as promise), will relieve you of future diseases.
6. Ideally it is desirable to do inoculations in a medical office where there are means helping with a case of sudden development of an allergy or anaphylactic shock: adrenaline, analeptik, physical solution, dropper, plait. In 99,999% of cases all these precautions will be excessive - but nobody is insured from hit in those 0,001%. During procedure the nurse has to use only the disposable syringe (in many modern vaccines the preparation already is in the syringe and it is possible not to worry at least about it), gloves (as a last resort - washing of hands with soap before each procedure), wiping of the place of a prick (both to, and after an inoculation) disinfecting solution are also obligatory.
7. The place of a prick should not be greased with any healing ointments and miracle preparations. In - the first, itself will pass. In - the second, appearance of the place of an inoculation can change, and you will explain then why instead of a dot prick at you huge oranzhevo - blue hypostasis. If the doctor warned that during any time it is impossible to wet the place of a prick - obey him even if you in principle have the opinion absolutely on all processes and the phenomena and you do not recognize any authorities.
8. In the magazine of inoculations the mark about the one who when and what vaccination did becomes. The same mark has to be made also in a medical card of the patient. If the child passes vaccination in school - the mark will be made in his school medical card. If your child passed from one school into another, or moved from the city to the city - surely keep medical cards and stories of diseases. At least - write down dates of inoculations.
9. After an inoculation do not run away at once home or for work. Spend still at least a half-hour for a sit-round gathering in policlinic. If to you it becomes suddenly bad - see a doctor and surely remind that just passed vaccination. And if you feel asthma or in several hours you will find rashes on skin - address the doctor surely and immediately. Do not self-medicate.
10. In several hours after an inoculation temperature can already increase and even to begin a fever. Do not panic - it is usual reaction almost to all inoculations. Physicians before vaccination had to warn about it. Do not try to bring down temperature (of course if it does not read off scale for 38,5 º) - the organism fights against causative agents of an infection, do not disturb it.
At the majority inoculations all are more crowded - do not cause serious complications therefore in advance be not adjusted on the worst. Time to muffle in a shroud and to creep under the own steam did not come to a cemetery yet. But also not pereutruzhdaytes also do not overcool after vaccination. You remember, the inoculation is as if an illness in very facilitated form. Give yourself time for adaptation and for restoration.
Health to you and good health!