What is osteoporosis and as to prevent it?Osteoporosis are the system disease affecting all bones of a skeleton, which is followed by decrease in density and durability of bones that leads to high risk of changes even at the minimum trauma, such as falling from height of the growth or a raising of freight weighing about 10 kg.
Changes are the main complication of osteoporosis. Most often at osteoporosis meet:
- fracture of a beam bone “ in the typical place “ (develops when falling arm-distance);
- a hip neck fracture (the most terrible as about a half of patients after such change remain disabled people and need foreign leaving);
- compression spinal fracture (develops after falling on a back or raisings of weight, is followed by severe pains in a back).
- women have osteoporosis much more often than men. The fastest decrease in density of bones happens after approach of a menopause. It is known that within the first five years after the beginning of a menopause of the woman lose up to 25% of bone weight. It occurs from - for decrease in production of female sex hormones, estrogen which play an important role in regulation of a metabolism in a bone tissue. In this regard an early menopause (at the age of less than 45 years) and a surgical menopause (after removal of ovaries) increase risk of development of osteoporosis;
- low physical activity also accelerates loss of a bone tissue. Therefore the diseases limiting physical activity (diseases of joints, a serious illness of heart, nervous system) can promote development of osteoporosis;
- chronic diseases zheludochno - an intestinal path, the absorptions of nutrients, vitamins which are followed by decrease, micro - and macrocells break a metabolism in a bone tissue;
- endocrine diseases (the diseases of a thyroid gland which are followed both by hyperfunction, and hypofunction, diabetes, Itsenko`s illness - Kushinga), and also long reception of glucocorticoid hormones (Prednisolonum, polkortalon, metipred) and hormones of a thyroid gland (L - tiroksin) are additional risk factor;
- the diseases of kidneys leading to development of a chronic renal failure;
- hereditary predisposition to development of a disease. So, if mother has osteoporosis (especially with development of osteoporotichesky changes), then and at the daughter the risk of development of a disease is very high;
- addictions, such as smoking, abuse of alcohol and coffee also make the contribution to development of osteoporosis.
Prevention. Food and addictions Prevention needs to be engaged in
not only to healthy people and patients with an osteopeniya to avoid development of a disease, but also sick osteoporosis, for prevention of its progressing.
- refusal of addictions (abuse of alcohol, coffee, smoking);
- adequate physical activity (walking within 30 minutes every day in addition to your usual loading);
- the sufficient use of calcium.
To prevent “ washing away “ calcium from bones, enough calcium has to come to an organism daily. The need for calcium is various during the different periods of life. It raises at teenagers in the period of rapid and active growth and at advanced age in connection with deterioration in processes of absorption and digestion of calcium.
The most part of people receives less calcium with food that leads to increase of risk of development of osteoporosis. For completion of deficiency of calcium in an organism kaltsiysoderzhashchy medicines are used. Different salts of calcium are a part of various preparations. Content of calcium as pure chemical element in different salts a miscellaneous. Most of all calcium (40%) contains in a calcium carbonate.
Besides, vitamin D is necessary for the best digestion of calcium an organism, it is desirable that it also was a part of a preparation.