How to choose flour to own taste?Seem, there is no simpler product, than flour. Complexity only in a variety of its types, flour is made practically of any cereal. Let`s try to understand all this abundance.
- Oatmeal. It is especially good for preparation “ fast “ bread, for example, flat cakes and cookies. It does baking of more friable, though dampish. Independently to prepare such flour, it is enough to grind oat flakes in the blender. Receiving 1 glass of flour will require 11/4 glasses of flakes. From - for low the maintenance of a gluten for pastries oatmeal should be mixed from wheat. It is added to soups of the Polish and Belarusian ethnic cuisine.
- Barley flour. Possesses moderate, soft aroma and easy nut taste. Gives to pastries softness. Well works in pancakes, cookies and “ fast “ bread. It is possible to add as a thickener to soups and sauces. At pastries it is obligatory to mix with wheat flour.
- Chickpeas flour is used at preparation of tempura (a dish of Japanese cuisine - seafood in batter), does dough for trickled pastries and noodles of it, adds for giving of density to sauces and soups. In house conditions it is impossible to prepare as the household appliances are not capable to process solid Turkish peas in flour.
- Rice flour is used in ethnic dishes of the Middle East, the Southern and East Asia. Especially for a breading of products, for example sea fish before frying. Also one is added to wheat flour for baking of cookies, often in the ratio to four (in favor of wheat flour). It gives to pastries friability which can be reduced by addition of a large number of eggs. Keep in mind that rice flour absorbs more liquid, than wheat.
- Buckwheat flour. From - for specific taste and color it is usually combined with wheat flour (from 1/4 to 1/2 parts of buckwheat flour on 1 part of wheat). Does dough to more abrupt, and pastries more “ heavy “ and dense. Do traditional Russian pancakes and the Breton crispbread of it.
- Cornmeal. Happens a rough and high milling. From the first slightly granular bread, more friable and dense turns out. From cornmeal prepare a hominy, polenta and traditional Mexican flat cakes. Cornmeal should be used right after a grinding, it cannot be stored. It is interesting that the porridges cooked on such flour, on the contrary, are stored longer than others (about two days). Boiled cornmeal possesses property to slow down fermentation of carbohydrates.
- Soy flour is issued not fried and fried. The first well works at preparation of barmy bread provided that it is added in very small amount. Possesses almost snow whiteness, improves color of a crust and allows bread not to harden longer. After roasting flour develops more expressive taste. Soy flour increases absorption of water in the test and reduces liquid absorption. Sometimes acts as substitute of milk and even eggs.
- Rye flour. Is issued three grades: artificial, peeled, wallpaper. Grades differ in degree of a grinding and content of bran. Rye flour absorbs a bigger amount of water, than wheat. Dough from it turns out sticky, and bread - more dense and “ resinous “ with sharp characteristic taste and a smell. From rye flour (in mix with wheat) make pancakes and cakes.
- Wheat flour. On a percentage exit of flour at a grinding of grain the premium (25%), the first grade (72%), the second grade (85%) and wallpaper is subdivided into gritty flour (it only 10% of total of grain turn out) (about 93%).
Gritty flour differs in larger size of particles. It is used for baking of fancy bread, in particular, of Easter cakes.
High-grade flour contains very low interest of a gluten and has white color. The best category of the premium is called “ extra “. It is often used as a thickener in sauces, and also is suitable for fancy bread.
Flour of the first grade is good for lean pastries. Finished products from it harden more slowly. At the same time bakers of the USA practically do not use it, and here in France often bake bread from it.
Flour of the second grade contains up to 8% of bran, it is much more dark than top-quality. Happens light and dark. The last is better on baking qualities - the pastries from it turn out magnificent, with a porous crumb. It is used for baking of white loaf and lean products. It is quite often mixed with rye flour.
So, the last word and the choice for you, hostesses! Now there will be in shops a flour to any taste! Good luck, and to fast meetings on the website!